Q. What is the reason for my recurring arrhythmia and breathing difficulty, which worsens on lying down?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

I have had arrhythmia for the past ten years. Sometimes, my heart beats twice faster and then back to normal. Also, I can hear one sound louder than the other, and when this happens, I burp a lot and feels that the air cannot go outside. Also, my breath becomes short, making it difficult for me to talk. The condition worsens, especially on lying down, and I am worried I will die. Kindly help me.

#

I understand your concern.

Your symptoms are most likely premature beats. These are of normal occurrence and increase in case of anxiety and excessive caffeinated beverages intake. If the symptoms persist, I would suggest ECG.

|