Arthritis Pain

Can I drive right after a joint block injection of the foot?

Query: Hello doctor, I am scheduled for a joint block injection in my right foot due to arthritis pain. Will I be able to drive home myself from my appointment or do I need to take someone with me?  Read Full »

Dr. Mohan Krishna

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The injection given for the joint block for arthritis contains some local anesthetic. So, you may not feel pain at least for half an hour to one hour. You will be able to drive the car. But as soon as you reach home, keep your leg elevated and apply some ice packs as i...  Read Full »

Should I try steroid medicines for my rheumatoid arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis two years back. I am on Ayurveda treatment and have taken Panchakarma treatment as well. There is a slight improvement, but still, my swelling on the left knee is not coming down, and recently a pain in the left wrist has begun. My ESR and CC...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclniq.com. I just read your query and saw all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In RA (rheumatoid arthritis), allopathic medicines like painkillers and corticosteroids are prescribed which will give you temporary relief, but in the long term, these med...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurveda medicines for arthritis of the knee.

Query: Hi doctor, Can a cartilage in the knee regenerate? Also, please specify some yogasanas or exercises for knee arthritis.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. The problem of a knee cartilage can be broadly classified into three categories such as mild, moderate or severe. The treatment depends on your problem. However, I must tell you that, it is tough for the knee cartilage to heal on its own. As far as the...  Read Full »

I have a pain where my leg joins the hip. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old male. I have been having pain near the right groin, where the leg joins the hip, for the last two months. It used to be very painful mostly during the end of the day. It was not always present, only twice or thrice a week. But now, it has become worse. So, I went to...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. It is difficult to identify the cause on the X-ray. If the pain is now on the back as well, two things need to be ruled out. The first is arthritis of the hip and the second is PIVD (prolapsed intervertebral disc). An MRI of the right hip wi...  Read Full »

I have pain due to RA in spite of taking medicines. Please tell me what I can do.

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with RA two years back and I am taking treatment for the same. My left knee is affected badly and the swelling is not coming down. Initially, I was not able to walk, but now I can walk slowly but cannot climb the staircase or fold my left leg completely. Recently I am...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your rheumatoid arthritis is not controlled which is evident from your high ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) of 60. The reason for this is that you are not adequate...  Read Full »

What is the remedy for shoulder pain in a thyroid patient?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife is suffering from left shoulder pain since last six months specifically in the morning. Please suggest the remedy soon. She is a thyroid patient and currently on Thyroxin 75 mg. The laboratory test performed was for uric acid measuring 4.6 mg/dl.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does she have any other symptoms of associated neck pain, arm, and hand pain, tingling or numbness in the neck, shoulder or arm, any history of trauma to shoulder or neck, etc.? Does her pain increase while doing shoulder movements? The possibilities in her are cervi...  Read Full »

Is Prednicort a good medicine for arthritis pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I want an opinion for my mother. My mother has been feeling arthritis pain since last few years. Recently, I have read somewhere about a medicine name Prednicort (5 mg) which is specially used for asthma disease. But, I have read that this medicine is also helpful for arthritis pain. Is...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prednicort (Prednisolone) is a steroid which is good as an anti-inflammatory and painkiller in arthritis but has very serious adverse effects in the long term such as osteoporosis, gastritis, hypertension, and elevated blood sugar levels. Is she diagnosed with rheum...  Read Full »

I have pain in both feet. Please check X-ray and suggest diagnosis and treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, A 40 year old male having pain in both feet for four to five months. The pain is in the bottom of the feet going from the heel to balls of feet and toes. Enclosed X-ray of feet and foot images. Please suggest diagnosis and treatment. I am not diabetic and uric acid is normal. RA facto...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly this appears to be plantar fasciitis but I could not see your X-rays as it is not attached. This is a condition in which the fascia or the tissue at the heel is inflamed, and pain is there especially in the morning after getting up from sleep. I suggest the f...  Read Full »

My arthritic knee pain has worsened and there is edema of feet as well. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am regularly taking 6 oz of warm water with half a slice of a medium-sized lemon and one medium spoon of honey right in the morning for the last 15 days. Whatever be the benefits, I find my arthritic knee pains have slightly increased along with edema of both feet and ankles and pa...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have mentioned that you are suffering from ankylosing spondylitis (AS) with osteoarthritis. But, you have not mentioned which DMARD (disease-modifying antirheumatic drug) you are taking. Anyways, I would suggest the following. NSAIDS (non-...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my grandfather's shoulder and joint pains?

Query: Hi doctor,My grandfather is 75 years old. He has severe pain in his right shoulder joint and bilateral wrist joints, especially more at night for the past two months. Just before a month, he was diagnosed as diabetic. His C-reactive protein level is 64 (reference value 0-6). Is it possible to have s...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be either due to arthritis or as a consequence of viral infection in the recent past. I recommend him to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. CRP (C-reactive protein), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), serum uric acid, serum RA factor (...  Read Full »