Q. What is an effective treatment option for osteoporosis?

Dr. Suman Saurabh

My mother is 87 years old and is completely bedridden. She has arthritis with excruciating pain in her knees, hips, shoulders, and neck. She is unable to sleep at night. The physician prescribed a pain reliever, but it did not improve the symptoms. So kindly suggest a painkiller for her to relax.

#

I want to evaluate the condition before starting a treatment. Since oral analgesics did not improve the symptoms, admit your mother to a hospital, and ask the medical professional to provide intravenous analgesics. Then, treat her osteoporosis with Teriparatide (parathyroid hormone) injection.

|