I am 45 years old male and a vegetarian. I occasionally take eggs. For the past month, I have been taking one egg every alternate day. I do not drink milk. I am worried that my intake of calcium is very less. My mother has arthritis. She is a vegetarian and never ate eggs. I am worried that I also may get bone-related problems with age. Occasionally I do get a little lower back ache but nothing severe. I have started taking calcium tablets (500 mg) every alternate day for about 20 days now. I usually eat green leafy vegetables regularly, and dal maybe two to three times a week. Should I drink milk daily and take eggs regularly to not get nutrient deficiency problems in the future? Please advice.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Calcium is essential to our body. If you have a good lifestyle, you need not worry. It is eating a balanced diet going in sunlight walk for vitamins-D and including vitamin-C rich food diet for overall strength and bone health.
Till then, follow these tips:
1) Increase high protein or calcium diet include almonds, walnuts, vegetables, paneer, soya, tofu, green leafy vegetables, milk and milk products, eggs, etc.,
2) Include chia seeds and flax seeds.
3) Do go for a walk early morning or evening for about 40 minutes.
4) Increase fluid intake.
5) Include milk or curds daily about half a liter.
6) Do rest eight to nine hours of sleep.
7) Manage stress with meditation.
8) Do breathing exercises.
9) Manage to follow small frequent meals.
10) Do take an 1800 kcal diet. Carbohydrates-50%, protein-30%, fat-20%, and increase fiber intake up to 30% of your diet.
11) If required, need to add supplement Ziprovit (protein powder).
I hope this was helpful.
Can I take one egg every day and also drink one glass of milk? Do I need to take calcium supplements, or should I stop them? Do I need to take any other supplement? Please guide me.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
You can take one egg daily, a glass of milk, and continue with calcium supplements also. There is no harm. If you include a balanced diet with calcium supplement need not take other supplements. I hope this was helpful.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
If you do not like the taste of spinach, incorporate it in your diet by adding it inside grilled tikkis ... Read fullPsoriatic Arthritis - Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What Is Psoriatic Arthritis ... The type of arthritis that commonly affects certain people with psoriasis is called psoriatic arthritis (PsA) ... Read fullI have memory loss and forgetfulness. How to deal with it?
Stress, pollution, and junk food have a negative impact on memory ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Nutritionist Now