Q. Is it true that a child operated for ASD will have problem in the future?

We, husband and wife, are (A+) same blood group. Also, our son is the same blood group (A+). He also had ASD problem treated and surgery also done completed. Will there be any problem for him in the future?

#

If the surgery was done at an earlier age then the prognosis is good. Prognosis also depends on the size of ASD and whether a pulmonary vascular obstruction is present or not. If no pulmonary vessel obstruction is present then the prognosis is very good. As far as risk is concerned ASD patient sometimes can develop atrial arrhythmia like condition in the future. Take care.

|