Q. Is it safe to take Prozac along with Ashwagandha?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 10, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

I am taking 500 mg of Ashwagandha a day and would like to also take Prozac 20 mg with it to help. Are they ok to take together or should I avoid it?

#

First of all, take Ashwagandha 500 mg two times a day with water after food for anxiety for one month regularly. As you are advised to take Prozac 20 mg (Fluoxetine), you can take it as prescribed by your physician. But keep some time gap between Ashwagandha and Prozac at least one to two hours. Because sometimes they can interfere with each other's mechanism.

So take them separately. Also, take one glass of lukewarm dairy milk in the evening and add some almond powder and green cardamom powder in it. It will also help you. I hope you understand my point. Consult a nearby Ayurveda physician or me after one month regarding improvement and for further management.

| 
1 out of 1 likes