Q. I have run out of Seroflo 250 inhaler that I use for asthma. Can I use Maxiflo 250 inhaler instead?

Dr. Yermal Tanmai Deelip
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

I am using Serflo 250 inhaler for six years as I am an asthma patient. It occurs as a hereditary thing. Currently, it is unavailable here. My friend suggested me to use Maxiflo 250 as an alternative inhaler. Is it good to use it?

#

I have gone through your query and I can understand your concern. But I need to know some details regarding your present problem. Please mention whether you use an inhaler every day or only while having wheezing or breathing discomfort. Please mention whether you have asthmatic attacks frequently. Please mention whether you have done PFT (pulmonary function test) recently. Please mention the severity of asthma in it. Please mention your exercise tolerance without using an inhaler. Both Seroflo 250 (Salmeterol with Fluticasone propionate) and Maxiflo 250 (Formoterol with Fluticasone propionate) have slightly different content but they belong to the same group. So it can be used as an alternative if required.

|