Q. I have run out of Seroflo 250 inhaler that I use for asthma. Can I use Maxiflo 250 inhaler instead?

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

Hi, firstly i would like to thank for this wonderful and a very helpful service of online consultation.

My query is, i have been using inhaler Cipla serflo 250 from almost 6 years as i am an asthama patient as its a hereditary thing that i have, but as i am in a foreign country at the moment and my inhaler is about to get over and due to this pandemic time i cannot get it imported to my place. But i have a friend who has given me Maxiflow 250 from Cipla as well so i wanted to know if i can use that as an alternative inhaler as i do not have my serflow 250 Inhaler in stock. Your assistance would be highly appreciated and much obliged. Thank you

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
# Hello, welcome to icliniq.
I have gone through your query and can understand your concern and problem due to corona pandemic.
But I need to know some more details about your present problem.
Do you use an inhaler everyday or just when you get wheezing or breathing discomfort?
How frequently do you get asthma attack? Have you done any PFT recently? How severe is your Asthma in it?How is your exercise tolerance without using your inhaler?
Both the inhalers seroflo 250 and Maxiflo 250 has slightly different content, but from same group.So it can be used as an alternative if required.
If you want an inhaler with similar contents, then you can search for a different brand name and company but with similar contents that is available.Definitely it will be available with a different brand name.
Kindly get back with above details for further discussion and Management..

|