Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have run out of Seroflo 250 inhaler that I use for asthma. Can I use Maxiflo 250 inhaler instead?

Answered by
Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2020

Hi, firstly i would like to thank for this wonderful and a very helpful service of online consultation.

My query is, i have been using inhaler Cipla serflo 250 from almost 6 years as i am an asthama patient as its a hereditary thing that i have, but as i am in a foreign country at the moment and my inhaler is about to get over and due to this pandemic time i cannot get it imported to my place. But i have a friend who has given me Maxiflow 250 from Cipla as well so i wanted to know if i can use that as an alternative inhaler as i do not have my serflow 250 Inhaler in stock. Your assistance would be highly appreciated and much obliged. Thank you

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
# Hello, welcome to icliniq.
I have gone through your query and can understand your concern and problem due to corona pandemic.
But I need to know some more details about your present problem.
Do you use an inhaler everyday or just when you get wheezing or breathing discomfort?
How frequently do you get asthma attack? Have you done any PFT recently? How severe is your Asthma in it?How is your exercise tolerance without using your inhaler?
Both the inhalers seroflo 250 and Maxiflo 250 has slightly different content, but from same group.So it can be used as an alternative if required.
If you want an inhaler with similar contents, then you can search for a different brand name and company but with similar contents that is available.Definitely it will be available with a different brand name.
Kindly get back with above details for further discussion and Management..
Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Is it safe to give Levolin inhaler along with Montair LC to my kid?
I took Flonase for hay fever and had chest tightness. Can I continue taking it?
My asthmatic mother's X-ray is negative for TB. What else this could be?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Is surgery recommended for nasal polyps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 59 years old. I have asthma for five years and taking Seretide for that. Over the last few months, I have been having serious allergy problems (sneezing, runny nose) and for some time I lost my sense of smell but it seems it is getting back after I started taking some steroids (S...  Read Full »

What to do if I accidently got Fluticasone spray in the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I think my Flonase (Fluticasone) nasal spray bottle was empty which is actually was and I have no idea what suddenly changed. I started pumping it which I usually have to do when it is empty before I reached my nostril, and a puff sprayed into my left eye. As I heard the sound, I imme...  Read Full »

Please suggest an alternate tablet for Montair LC.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old male. I have breathing problem for the past eight to 10 years. I develop breathing difficulty during the humid or warm seasons like July to September, for which I take Montair LC once every two days at night-time. Sometimes, if I forget and I experience breathlessnes...  Read Full »

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.