Q. Is there any medicine available to cure asthma?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 11, 2020

My daughter, who is 3.8 years old, has been suffering from asthma since one year. She suffers weekly once or fortnightly. As per doctor prescription, I am giving her Asthalin (four times a day), Budecort (twice a day) and Montair LC Kid one tablet per day for the last three months. We had allergy and blood tests and the reports are normal. My family members are in deep sad to see her in this condition. Should I continue the medicine? Or shall I reconsult the doctor? Is there any other medicine available either in homeopathy or allopathy or ayurveda that can completely cure her asthma?

#

• I understand your situation and agony, but just be patient. Your child will overcome this as she grows old.
  • I hope there is a family history of asthma in either father or mother's family, as this is a somewhat hereditary.
  • I suggest you visit a child pulmonologist and follow their advice. You just need a few tips to control this condition and prevent further attacks.
  • I hope your pediatrician must have discussed it with you. If not, then I would suggest you to meet a pediatrician, a pulmonologist and an immunologist and take their opinion.
  • I am sure that your child will overcome this condition and her adulthood would be free of asthma. Just be patient and continue the treatment.

For further doubts consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Thank you for your precise advice. Definitely, I will visit a pulmonologist soon. But, the medicines which I am giving now are suitable or not? I have also tested her immunology and the report was normal.

#

• Do not worry, the medications are perfect and they are used by pediatricians all over the world.
  • The only thing you have to know is the right way to use them. I hope the pediatrician will help you out in this matter; slowly you will start understanding this condition.
  • Do not worry and panic. This condition is manageable and as the child grows old the frequency will start decreasing.
  • Immunological reports are mostly normal in most kids of this condition, so it does not hold any importance, just to rule out it has been done.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|