Q. My father has asthma and also suffers from headache, stress and tired. What to do?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 23, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2019

My father is suffering from asthma and tried most of the treatment, but nothing worked. He also suffers from headache, stress, and tired. What to do? Please suggest.

Dr. Alka

#

I read your query. You did not mention that if your father has been suffering from any other disease or not. In asthma whenever an attack occurs patient usually face breathing difficulties. Stress, headache, and tiredness are caused due to asthma.

First of all, try to rule out whether asthma is more aggravated by some food, or it usually happens in some particular season. If it is so, then take extra care of these things. In asthma, an allergic reaction occurs in the body which produces all the symptoms. So try to increase his immunity and avoid any allergen.

Give him simple water steam twice or thrice every day. Steam is very beneficial for asthmatic patients. Give him one glass of lukewarm milk along with one teaspoon of turmeric powder every night. If he is not willing to take milk, then you can give him Haridrakhand (ayurvedic preparation of turmeric along with sugar), two teaspoons at night or one teaspoon twice a day with luke warm water. Turmeric is very beneficial in allergic conditions. It helps to relieve his condition.

Prepare a decoction of ginger, fennel, a pinch of pepper, holy basal leaves (tulsi) with water and you can add a pinch of sugar in it too. Try to give this decoction once a day. Give him Bresol syrup two teaspoons twice a day for two to four weeks. Give him syrup Septillin two teaspoons twice a day for two to four weeks. You can use all these things with his current medication. All these will help him to relieve his condition.

Seasonal asthma or due to some allergen.

Avoid allergen if any.

After four weeks.

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

My asthmatic mother's X-ray is negative for TB. What else this could be?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has asthma as she used to smoke and live near roads. Her X-ray showed that trachea is in the midline, the cardiac shadow is not enlarged, pulmonary vasculatures are not prominent, hemidiaphragm is flattened, costophrenic sulci are blunted, right lower lung infiltrates presen...  Read Full »

Is surgery recommended for nasal polyps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 59 years old. I have asthma for five years and taking Seretide for that. Over the last few months, I have been having serious allergy problems (sneezing, runny nose) and for some time I lost my sense of smell but it seems it is getting back after I started taking some steroids (S...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now