Q. Please suggest Ayurvedic treatment for broncho asthma.

Dr. Sony Subhash
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 23, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 24, 2019

I am 28-year-old and suffering from broncho asthma for six years. My chest reports are clear, but often I suffer during respiration. I am using Seroflo 125 of Cipla. I often face a problem of breathing. Please advise me the Ayurvedic medicine to get out of this problem permanently.

Dr. Sony Subhash

#

Bronchial asthma is an autoinflammatory reaction of your lung to allergens. Allergens can vary from climate to food habits. Initially, you will have to take steps in skipping those trigger factors which are responsible for asthma. Certain food items can trigger asthma. Usually, these are hard to identify as the reaction comes probably after a day or two. At this stage, however, I suggest you begin the intake of two medicines. They are as follows.

1. Agasthya Rasayana one teaspoon twice daily after food.

2. Kanakasava 30 ml twice daily after food.

Follow these for two weeks and follow-up regularly for absolute heal.

Can allergic asthma turn into permanent asthma?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 29 years old now. I have allergic asthma for last 6 to 7 years but in very mild form (mild suffocation and coughing for 2 to 3 days, once in three months). It used to get triggered by an old house (old book or newspaper dust) or distemper and paints or orange flavored drinks. But s...  Read Full »

In spite of using inhaler often, I have heavy congestion. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been to doctor three times in the last two months and was prescribed many medications. But, I am simply not getting any better. Initially, I went in for respiratory issues. I had a terrible hacking cough and was literally using my Ventolin Inhaler more than I should. As I am ast...  Read Full »

What to do if I accidently got Fluticasone spray in the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I think my Flonase (Fluticasone) nasal spray bottle was empty which is actually was and I have no idea what suddenly changed. I started pumping it which I usually have to do when it is empty before I reached my nostril, and a puff sprayed into my left eye. As I heard the sound, I imme...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now