Q. My wife has a kind of rash and bumps, with pain and itching. Please help us out.

Dr. Barve Vaibhav Saidas
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

My wife has been suffering from a kind of a rash or red bumps for the past seven years. We have consulted many places and ruled out of any significant disease except for dryness. A few antifungal creams like Clop-GM or Cosvate G cream gave some relief. They are becoming more concerning with pain and itching and look more expansive than before, request you to help us out.

#

Thanks for allowing me to treat your skin problem.

1. Since how many days do you have rash?
  2. Does the rash stay permanent?
  3. Does she have any history of insect bites?
  4. Did she see any rash in the morning?
  5. Is it associated with itching or burning?
  6. Does the itching get severe in the night?
  7. Does any of your family members are affected?
  8. Does any affected guest visit your home?
  9. Are there any bed bugs in your home?
  10. Did any other body parts are involved like genitals?
  11. Is there any history of fever?
  12. Does she have any history of drug intake in the last few days?
  13. Do you have any history of repeated sneezing, running nose, asthma, or allergy?
  14. Do you have any history of recent travel to forest areas?

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

The rash is permanent, and it is there for years now; it subsides in one place and comes in a new place. There is no history of insect bites. The rash is present almost the entire day, and the severity is the same. Yes, severe itching and the burning sensation are present. No other family member is affected and no guest visited our home. There are no bed bugs in our home. The abdomen, upper chest, upper back, and forearms are the only areas that always get affected. No fever was noted ever during the rash. She is on Montek LC and Duonase nasal spray for allergic rhinitis since for the past ten years. Yes, she is extremely allergic and suffers from sinusitis, rhinitis, and tonsilitis associated with severe sneezing. There is no history of travel in recent days.

#

Thank you for the detailed history.

This is the case of atopic dermatitis, and the rash can be due to allergic dermatitis. Consult your physician and take the suggested medicine with approval.

• Momate-F (Mometasone furoate and Fusidic acid) cream apply on lesions two times a day.
  • Aquasoft (Glycerin) cream apply two times all over the body.
  • Continue Montek LC (Montelukast sodium and Levocetirizine hydrochloride).

Use insect protective net during sleep, insect protective clothing, and repellent cream.

|