Q. My echo with bubble test shows interatrial septal aneurysm. What is the cause and cure?

Published on Nov 20, 2019

I am 31 years old. During my second echo with bubble test, it says that I have an interatrial septal aneurysm, but there are no holes in my heart. I was given blood thinners. I am currently taking Clopidogrel. What is the cause and cure for this? What kind of lifestyle I should be maintaining? I am scared.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Do not worry about it. It is a congenital problem, and there is no particular reason for it. It is seen in one to two percent of normal individuals. Although, there is a slightly increased risk of clot formation over the bulging of aneurysm and stroke, however, it does not cause any problems in most individuals. There is no specific lifestyle for it. In general try to have a healthy lifestyle as much as possible like avoiding obesity, etc. Usually, we do not give any treatment for it. You may continue blood thinners if your doctor advises it.

Please review my dad's report and let me know if hiccups and burping are to be worried.

Query: Hi doctor, My dad recently was admitted to hospital after a heart attack, and he was in the hospital for almost a week. Currently, he was discharged and taking rest at home. The doctor advised that his heart pumping rate is around 23% and require improvement. Since morning he has been having hiccup...  Read Full »

Will OS ASD cure on its own in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor,My son (1-month-old baby) is suffering from breathing problems and lung infection. We went to a pediatrician, he suggested doing 2D echo. In that we found moderate OS ASD. Will it cure on its own? Please give a suggestion.  Read Full »

Kindly suggest treatment for someone who had TIA for two hours.

Query: Hello doctor, My father had a TIA for two hours nearly four months ago where he could not understand what was going around him and had some difficulties with walking. He was released from the hospital after five days. Before this, he had a fever. His CRP level was also 2.328 and he was taking Atorv...  Read Full »