Q. Some words are coming in my mind and not allowing me to concentrate on work. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Ruhi Satija

I feel like somebody else is there within me. I am feeling like this because some words are coming in mind like somebody is saying within me. These words are horrible and hurt me a lot. And things are being done which I do not want to do in mind without my control. Time after time, problems are increasing.

During the starting stage, I heard vulgar words. But after some days other problem which is more horrible. Due to this, I cannot concentrate on my studies. Please tell me what the problem is? Give me a clear idea of the issue. And how to diagnose it? Please help.

#

You might be having hallucinations (auditory) which happen due to imbalance in your brain neurotransmitters. It is a good thing that you can understand at an early stage that this is not normal, first treatment gives better results. I would suggest meeting a psychiatrist as soon as possible who will start you on some medicine.

Please do not worry, and it is manageable with medicines. Do you have any family history of psychiatric disorders? I would suggest mentioning it to the doctor as well. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

|