Avascular Necrosis Of Femoral Head

Is MRI needed for hip joint pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Since one month, I have been facing joint pain in my right leg and hip. I consulted a doctor at my native and he said that bone is worn-out at the joint. Again, when I consulted a doctor in my working place, he said that the cause of my pain is arthritis. The pain is not much. I am a 47 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please elaborate your problem? Which activities make the pain worse? Are you able to sit cross leg or squat down? Do you have a fever or decreased appetite or any other symptoms? Do you have any pain in other joints as well? If you have x-ray of the affected h...  Read Full »

Can you reverse avascular necrosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in thighs, hip joints and legs for more than a year. Reports indicate avascular necrosis stage 3. Doctor has recommended me hip replacement. I am really scared of this. Because I did a lot of research on internet about this. I got to know a lot of restriction and risk of dislo...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for using this platform. From the information you provided, it seems like you have stage 3 avascular necrosis (AVN). While there are numerous causes for AVN and often there is no identifiable cause, the prognosis is not very favorable once you reach stage 3. ...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain above right hip?

Query: Dear doctor, I am having pain above my right hip. It feels a little swollen and a little pain in my lower back above the right hip. I can feel the pain more when taking a breath. My lower back feels like it is burning. Give me any advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. As per your history, there can be hip arthritis which can be degenerative or due to avascular necrosis of femoral head (AVN). I will advise you to take an x-ray of hip again and you can consult me with the reports or with your doctor. After cl...  Read Full »

What drugs can help in healing avascular necrosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male and I have pain in hip joints for more than three months. Reports indicate avascular necrosis stage 2. Pain is mostly in the right hip joint. Pain will appear only when I put extra stress on muscles. The doctor has recommended me core decompression and he cannot...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) You have avascular necrosis of the femoral head. Most of the surgeons will ask you to get operated for a core decompression or total hip replacement for this but studies have shown...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to cure AVS with physiotherapy?

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from AVS for the last two months and have been suggested to undergo core decompression. But according to some physiotherapist, by seeing my MRI, it can be treated using some exercises as my femoral shape has not changed or collapsed. I cannot understand what should I do. I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Avascular necrosis is an irreversible disease. Once the process has started, it cannot be reverted. The rate of progress depends on person to person. The treatment depends on symptoms and quality of life. Initially, the patient experiences only pain and range of motion ...  Read Full »