Avoid Constipation

Passing fewer than three stools per week and having hard stools is called constipation. Constipation can be prevented by consuming a fiber-rich diet, regular exercising, and drinking more water. It is important to avoid constipation, as chronic constipation causes the veins in your anus to swell, tears the skin in the anus, and applying too much strain to empty your bowel might cause your intestine to protrude from your anus.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My constipation is so bad that I have to evacuate the stools with my fingers. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have an anal fissure, internal hemorrhoid, SRUS, and constipation. One year ago, I was suffering from a hard stool that was difficult to pass. I went to a gastroenterologist, who did a colonoscopy and found that I had an anal fissure and internal hemorrhoid. He prescribed Sitcom Fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif. M

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files uploaded by you. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The endoscopy report you have shown does not show any evidence of SRUS (solitary rectal ulcer syndrome). All your symptoms can be attributed to underlying constipation...  Read Full »

I have a bump on my anus hole. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I got a lump in my anal hole. One big popping out and it is painful. It has happened after 4 to 6 months. What to do? I have an exam tomorrow.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif. M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a pile mass with blood clot within (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The blood clot causes pain. You have to follow few simple measures. Sit in a mildly warm water (saline or salt added) for three to four times a day (each session 10 minutes)...  Read Full »

I have painful swelling near anus and vagina. What should be done?

Query: Hello doctor, There are swellings near anus and vagina with pain. I guess the wall was ruptured during the process of cleaning as the pressure from the pump was too high.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif. M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know more details regarding the swelling. A picture of the swelling gives better information regarding its nature. When was it noticed? Any pus? Please revert with details so that I can give specific comments.  Read Full »

What is the growth near my anus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a growth near my anus, I think it grew bigger so I checked it the other night. I see there is a tiny lesion that might be caused by the use of toilet paper but not sure. The growth has the same color all around but it is a bit lighter where the lesion is. Lately, I have been pl...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif. M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The images suggest you have external hemorrhoids (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This has blood clot inside and that is causing it to be enlarged. These usually settle with time. You need to keep the area dry. Avoid constipation by dietary measures to ...  Read Full »

What medicine can be taken for constipation?

Query: Hello doctor,I am feeling constipated from the last few days and cannot clear my bowel in the morning in one time. Also, I have to put pressure. Can I take some medicine? What diet should I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif. M

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.You need to avoid all constipating foods like baked food, red meat, maize-based foods, etc. Add more vegetables, salads to your diet. Keep yourself well hydrated with around 2 to 3 liters of water daily. You can take syrup Cremaffin plus (Sodium picosulfate, Milk of Magnesi...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for sigmoid volvulus?

Query: Hi doctor,My father recently had sigmoid volvulus. His colon was untwisted during a sigmoidoscopy. However, we understand that without surgery there is a high recurrence rate which we are concerned about. We have been told the two treatment options are A) Securing the bowel to the mesentery. B) Remo...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif. M

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment of sigmoid volvulus depends on the general health of the patient and the nature of presentation. In an elderly patient, with multiple comorbid illnesses or who are unfit for anesthesia, the preferred modality is endoscopic (colonoscopic). The recur...  Read Full »

How can I manage chronic idiopathic constipation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 69-year-old male with 74 kg weight (constant for 45 years), 174 cm height, BMI 24 and nondiabetic. My blood pressure is under control, i.e., 130/70 mmHg with Temsan 40 mg one tablet a day and Metolar 25 two tablets a day. CBC, urea, creatinine, urine reports are all normal. Che...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif. M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bowel frequency can vary from 3 per day to 3 per week. It can have individual variation. Its always better to reduce the amount as well as the frequency of laxatives. Dietary changes, liquid intake, etc., should constantly be maintained for sustained response. You need...  Read Full »

Please suggest a remedy for a threadlike growth in my anus. It is paining.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small threadlike protrusion near the opening of the anus. It is paining the whole day. There is no blood during defecation. Please give a remedy.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif. M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The threadlike growth in the anus seems like a small anal tag, that is, just a skin tag. Usually, it will have an underlying anal fissure, that is, crack in the skin near the anal opening, that causes pain. I suggest you take the following medicines: Lactulose syr...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.