Q. How to reduce hair loss, acne and common cold using Ayurvedic medicine?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Published on Oct 08, 2018

I am 19 years old male. I have acne, hair loss, dandruff, a common cold, and mouth ulcer. I want to lose my weight. Please suggest.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

There are several causes to have hair loss. Some of the reasons are excessive use of shampoos and conditioners, smoking, excess exposure to sunlight, changes in food habits and lifestyles, and change of place and water. Some medications also lead to hair fall. Hypothyroidism also causes hair fall. You should evaluate these things. Please provide your detailed history regarding this concern.

Acne is prevalent in your age group due to hormonal changes. As the age proceeds, it will get subsided by itself. Now you can wash your face with neem leaves water or neem face wash and apply Clarina ointment twice a day. For a common cold, take Sitopaladi churna (Sitopala with Vamshalochana) three grams with Laxmivilas Ras (Karpoora with Jatikosha) one tablet twice a day with honey after having meals. Avoid taking spicy and fried junk foods. Drink plenty of water. Have an adequate sleep. Eat fibrous foods and fruits as well as green leafy vegetables. Please provide your feedback after fifteen days.

Acne - Causes, Types, Home Remedies and Treatment Strategy

Article Overview: Acne is a very common condition encountered among teens and adults. To decide the protocol for the treatment of acne, it is important for us to know the causes, conditions associated, sites of acne, the cause of acne and factors affecting the onset of acne. Many home remedies are helpful in treating acne. Mild and moderate acne can be treated with medication and severe acne with other treatment procedures. Prevention is more important than cure. Read Article

Dr. Archana

Acne is a very common skin condition. It commonly starts during puberty but can occur at any age. Although it is not a dangerous condition, acne can leave scars on the skin. Acne appears in different parts of the body like face, chest, and back. Acne affects almost all teenagers in different severit...  Read Article

Acne vulgaris, a Social Problem.

Article Overview: This article discusses the social problems encountered by teens as well as adults due to acne. Read Article

Dr. Kakkar

Acne is the most common skin problem encountered in the teenagers and also in adults. Acne is not a disease by itself, but being chronic in nature, it can have a significant impact in shaping the overall personality of a person. People with acne are often found to have low self-esteem which restrict...  Read Article

What can be done for hair fall and dry skin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old girl now and am having hair fall. What should I do now? And my skin is dry skin. Which is the best cream for my face and which body lotion is best for me?  Read Full >>

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For hair fall, apply Bringharaja thailam or Neeli bringharaja thailam. Use fingers to do the scalp massage with this oil. After one hour of oil-finger massage, the bath should be taken in warm water. This has to be continued weekly twice (minimum) to daily. For the hair...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now