Q. Kindly advise ayurveda treatment for uterine fibroid.

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Feb 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 16, 2019

I have a fibroid of 9.6 × 6.9 cm. It is an intramural fibroid. I have heavy bleeding and back pain during my periods. I also have PCOS. I am taking Rasagandhi mezhugu. What medicine should I take along with Rasagandhi mezhugu for fibroid? Since the size of my fibroid is big, please give me some strong medicine to reduce the size of the fibroid. Also, because of this, my Hb level is low. My BP, sugar, cholesterol and thyroid are normal.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

To stop the bleeding, I suggest the following:

Tablet Ashokadi vati - two in the morning after breakfast, two in the afternoon and two after dinner. Continue this till the bleeding stops.

If you do not get the above tablet, buy Ashoka pattai (bark) choorna. Take 1 g thrice a day. Another option is Ashokarishta, mix 30 mL with 60 mLof warm water and take three times in a day as mentioned above.

Aloes compounds two tablets in the morning and two tablets in the evening after food.

Banana flower, it can be prepared as a fry, or vada or kashaya. It is a good food to stop excess bleeding.

Jambu tree bark kashaya (50 g bark + 400 mL water to be boiled in mild flame to reduce it to 100 mL). This is at one time. Prepare three times in a day and drink it in empty stomach. It is also a good home remedy.

All these drugs to be continued until the uterine bleeding stops. Simultaneously, you can have tablet Chithiramoola kuligai or tablet Tumowin one tablet in the morning and one in the evening after food. Continue this for one month. Then, leave a gap of 10 days and again start for one month. Like this, continue for six months. It is a drug to reduce the size of fibroid and PCOD.

You continue Rasagandhi mezhugu for next six months.

To increase Hemoglobin take tablet Haemwin two tablets in the morning, post lunch and dinner. If you get some other iron based ayurveda tablets in your place, that is also fine. Continue the tablet until your Hb becomes normal.

Once your bleeding stopped, then you will be continuing the following drugs: Aloes compounds and Tablet Chithiramoola kuligai and Rasagandhi mezhugu. These are the three drugs for your fibroid and PCOD.

If you can collect tender leaves from pipal tree, take two leaves and grind to make a paste. Mix with cow milk or buttermilk and consume it. It has to be taken for two times a day. It can be continued for six months. It is the natural remedy for a healthy uterus.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

Thank you so much for your answer. It is very clear. Which is stronger, chithiramoola kuligai or Kanchanar guggulu?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

#

• Tablet Chithiramoola kuligai (or tablet Tumowin) is more strongest than Kanchanar guggulu. Thank you.

| 

Uterine fibroid detected during sixth week of pregnancy.What do I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 7 weeks pregnant. During the 6th week of pregnancy an ultrasound was done and a fibroid in the right side of the uterus measuring 8.7 * 7.0 cm was detected. Right now I am suffering from severe pain intermittently on the right side of pelvic region and right thigh. I am attaching...  Read Full »

Kindly recommend some ayurvedic medicines for fibroids.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old female. Three years ago, I underwent myomectomy, and a large fibroid was removed. After that I was fine. For the past one month, I have bleeding with pain. Now the scan has shown more than three intramural fibroids. There is a fibroid which is large measuring 40 x 35 m...  Read Full »

What ayurvedic medicines can be taken to reduce fibroid?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 27 years old. I am unmarried. Three years ago, I have undergone a myomectomy and a large fibroid was removed. Since then, I am fine. For the past one month, I am bleeding again with pain. Now, the scan showed more than three intramural fibroids. One largest fibroid measuring...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now