Q. What ayurvedic medicine can be given to my little one to increase her alertness?

Dr. Raman Kaushik

This is with regards to my daughter who is 2 years and eight months old. I have noticed that she is slow in activities. She is very laid back and relaxed. I have a feeling that she has an imbalance of vata, pitta, and kapha. I mean if she can be either low on pitta or vata as per my understanding. One ayurvedic doctor did give her a medication for one month. She took it in the last year for one month. She is otherwise healthy and normal. Could you suggest a safe medication without side effects for this age group to increase her alertness and for balancing of the doshas? Kindly suggest any foodstuffs too.

Dr. Raman Kaushik

#

• I need to know the following details about your daughter.
  1. Her birth history.
  2. Her current body weight.
  3. Her developmental milestones.
  4. Her interaction with peers.

Please provide me these details.

Revert with more information to an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

My daughter had a normal birth. She was maybe two weeks premature. Currently, her body weight is 11 kg. All milestones like walking and running were normal. She also has a good vocabulary. She does not interact with strangers much. She does not interact with newly introduced peers. But, she is comfortable in her known surroundings. She is a thumbsucker.

Dr. Raman Kaushik

#

• I would like to say that every individual has a different constitution on the basis of vata, pitta, and kapha. Usually, the kapha is predominant in childhood.
  • I can suggest the following for your daughter.
  1. Avoid curd in food and replace it with buttermilk.
  2. Avoid cheesy and creamy food items like cheese, pastries, cakes, etc.
  3. Always encourage her for green vegetables and simple digestible foods like porridge, etc.
  4. Do whole body massage of your daughter with lukewarm sesame oil for at least two times a week.
  5. Avoid canned and preserved food items.
  6. I suggest she take HiOwna by Himalaya Herbal Healthcare. This is an ayurvedic baby supplement for good general health of your child. Five grams should be taken mixed in warm milk at bedtime or at breakfast. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|