Ayurvedic Cure For Pcod

How long should Kazharchi Kaai powder be taken for PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor,As I have PCOD problem and also cyst, I take tablets for period. My friend suggested Kalachikai powder. I used it for 30 days continuously, but no use. How many days should I take that powder and how to overcome this problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), powder Kalachikai has a good effect, but the duration of treatment is long (more than three months). For proper evaluation of disease, please go for USG whole abdomen and other investigations. If the size and number of cysts ar...  Read Full »

How long should Kazharchi Kaai be taken to conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOD from my puberty. I have irregular periods. Now I am trying to conceive. I started eating Kalarchikai. After 15 days of consumption, I am feeling uncomfortable. I got a fever with a headache and back pain. Can I continue taking it? How long do I need to take them? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) is a hormonal disorder. In this, immature ovum becomes a cyst around the ovary. Further, it hampers the formation of a mature ovum. Initially, it can be managed naturally through ayurvedic medicines and yoga practices. Kalarchikai is a ...  Read Full »

Is Kazharchi Kaai a good ayurvedic medicine to get pregnant.

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOD problem for the last four years. I have been taking Kazharchi kaai powder with honey for the past three months and observed a regular period. But, the follicles are not growing properly. The FS study revealed that the follicles are MSF (multiple small follicles) ever since has...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may continue the Kalarchi choornam. It should be prepared as follows. Kalarchi seed powder 100 g plus 10 g pepper. This will avoid the gas formation in stomach. Continue Kalarchi choornam until cycle is normalized that is three to four cycles and then stop it. Ku...  Read Full »

My PCOS is curing with ayurvedic medications. Please suggest what else can be done.

Query: Hello doctor, Three months back, I consulted for severe PCOS. I started with the medicines you prescribed me. I feel a lot better now. My menstrual cycle has started coming every month with the help of the medicines you prescribed. I am more than good that I have ever felt in the last six years. Em...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to hear you are feeling better now after medications. Now, you should check out your thyroid profile and USG abdomen to know the present status of TSH and ovarian cyst. Further medications would depend on the investigation reports and your symptoms. Now, you ...  Read Full »

Can Kalarchikai cure multiple ovarian cysts in PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small cysts in both ovaries (PCOS). Our family friend suggested me to consume Kalarchikai medicine, powdered mixed with pepper and honey to have it for one mandalam (48 days). I have completed nearly 44 days by consuming one small ball of the mixture every morning and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See Kalarachi Kai choornam is helpful in amenorrhea. As far as small cysts are concerned they are unmatured eggs which failed to induce menstrual cycle previously, as a result, they got collected in the ovary and they will remain in the ovary....  Read Full »

Can PCOD be completely cured through Ayurveda?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I am suffering from heavy periods for the past seven months. PCOD is diagnosed in ultrasound. Amycordial and Amree Plus are the medicines given by an ayurveda doctor. Shall I take ayurveda treatment for this? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to undergo a process called virechana - ayurvedic detoxification. This is a six-day therapy, works wonders on PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). Consult a panchakarma specialist for physical evaluation and to undergo virechana. The prescription suggested by y...  Read Full »

Can I make my period regular by taking Kalarchikai Choornam?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. My height is 147 cm, and weight is 45 kg. I have pcod problem, but no thyroid. Now I missed my periods for three months. So, I am using kalarchikai with pepper everyday morning. I have been eating this for about 25 days now. How long should I take this for getting my pe...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to help. Kalarchikai choornam is a well-known medicine to manage PCOD. Its dose and duration depend on the condition. You should take this choornam 3 g twice a day with warm water after meals for 90 days regularly.  Read Full »

I had abdominal pain after taking Kalarchika for PCOD. Can I continue it?

Query: Hello doctor, Can we take Kalarchika during periods as I have PCOD? I started to take it two weeks before but yesterday I suddenly had mild pain in the lower left abdomen. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kalarchika or Kalchikai is a well known Siddha medicine to manage PCOD. In Ayurveda, it is identified as Kuberaksh or Lata karanja. It helps to reduce the size of an ovarian cyst and regulates hormonal imbalance. You should continue this even in periods too. Pain or cra...  Read Full »

Can I take Kalarchikai choornam for PCOD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. I have completed my marriage life for three years. I have no children. I have PCOD and thyroid. I have a prolactin level of 53 ng/mL. I am taking Metformin 500 mg. I am taking Caberlin 0.25 mg weekly once. I have severe hair loss. Can I take Kalarchikai choornam along ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Nowadays, PCOD is one of the most frequent causes of infertility. But it can be managed naturally through ayurvedic medicines. Hypothyroidism also affects the period and hair fall. You should take regular medications to make it fine. You c...  Read Full »

Can I conceive with 100 kg weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. My weight is 100 kg and height is 158 cm. I have attached my laboratory reports. I am presently taking Metformin 500 mg twice a day and Eltroxin 1000 mcg tablets. I stopped taking the tablets two days before the test was done. Can I conceive with this weight?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering you are obese, hypothyroid and still on supplementation, it indicates that serum insulin levels are high (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Hypothyroidism and anovulation could be a concern and you may be experiencing irregular menses. You...  Read Full »