Q. Will Kalarchikai cure multiple ovarian cysts in PCOD?

Dr. Alka

I have multiple small cysts in both ovaries (PCOS). Our family friend suggested me to consume Kalarchikai medicine, powdered mixed with pepper and honey to have it for one mandalam (48 days). I have completed nearly 44 days by consuming one small ball of the mixture every morning and before two weeks I got my periods. Then I had checked whether the cysts were dissolved by having an abdomen scan. But still, small multiple follicules have been seen in it with both ovaries enlarged. Kindly suggest me what I can do further. I got married before one and a half years and I am much worried about my pregnancy. I have gallstones as well.

Dr. Alka

I just read your query. See Kalarachi Kai choornam is helpful in amenorrhea. As far as small cysts are concerned they are unmatured eggs which failed to induce menstrual cycle previously, as a result, they got collected in the ovary and they will remain in the ovary. Now, you have got your periods you can start trying for conception. But I advise you to do it under the supervision of a nearby gynecologist because egg size is important while conception and that you can know by ovulation study. Ovulation study is performed under the supervision of a gynecologist. For gall stones, surgical intervention is required generally. Medicine is not of much help.

I would like to know if I can take kalarchi choornam for PCOS.

Query: Dear doctor,I would like to know if I can take kalarchi churna. I have PCOS with irregular periods and ovulation issues. I was on Clomid stimulation which was giving prompt follicle growth and ovulation but could not conceive. Now I am given FSH injectables for stimulation. Can I have kalachi churna...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) is not a single disease, it is a group of diseases. It occurs due to hormonal imbalance, development of immature ovum due to hormonal imbalance and converted into a fluid-filled cyst. It leads to irregular menstruation and raised level...  Read Full

I had abdominal pain after taking Kalarchika for PCOD. Can I continue it?

Query: Hello doctor, Can we take Kalarchika during periods as I have PCOD? I started to take it two weeks before but yesterday I suddenly had mild pain in the lower left abdomen. Kindly advice.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kalarchika or Kalchikai is a well known Siddha medicine to manage PCOD. In Ayurveda, it is identified as Kuberaksh or Lata karanja. It helps to reduce the size of an ovarian cyst and regulates hormonal imbalance. You should continue this even in periods too. Pain or cra...  Read Full

How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to get rid of multiple ovarian cysts?

Query: Hi doctor, How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to completely get rid of multiple cysts in both ovaries. It is not pcod but countless multiple cysts on both ovaries. Please clarify, how much and how many times should I consume daily? And for how long? Is it fine to take the medicine during menstrual cy...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query, I understand that the cysts are not the PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). In order to remove the tiny cysts, you can consume Kalarchi choornam. If you could get kalarchi (raw), remove the shell and powder it. Or else, you can buy it from siddha h...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now