Baby Care

Will frequent falling down and getting hurt in the back of the head cause problem in a 1 year old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 1 year old. He fell down from the bed and got hurt at the backside of the head. He got hurt many times the same way. He is not sleeping properly at night and wakes up frequently. I would like to know whether it will cause any complications in the brain or some other problem...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent falls, if associated with any symptoms after the fall, will usually effect the brain. Symptoms like loss of consciousness, vomiting, fits are dangerous. You need to be more careful about falls and prevent them. Crying at night is a common symptom. Normally b...  Read Full »

Someone with a cold sore kissed my preemie baby. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,Someone with a cold sore kissed my preemie baby, and she has been spitting her bottle out and crying what should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your baby seems to be on oxygen. You have not mentioned how old is the baby? For how long she has been in the hospital and are there any other problems with the baby. Or was she because she came into contact with a cold sore? Cold sore infection can sometimes lead to...  Read Full »

My baby is suffering from running nose inspite of having medicines. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is suffering running nose last 13 days. I consulted my pediatrician before some days, and she prescribed Montair Lc kid syrup three ml for 20 days and also gave Sinarest AF drop once for six days. Before that, she took Sinarest Af and Ascoril ld for 10 days. Apart from this, s...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I got your concern. Well, first of all, I am asking you to continue all medications as prescribed by a pediatrician. Babies less than five years often get recurrent cold and cough. There could be many reasons, 1. Post viral infection cough, which may continue for th...  Read Full »

My 13 months old daughter woke up with rashes on her chest. Is this roseola?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter woke up with a rash on her chest and back and has gotten worse. She was put into an antibiotic a couple of days ago Amoxicillin, so I do not thinks she is allergic since it has been days, no other known allergies. I think it might be roseola any opinion? She is 13 months, i...  Read Full »

Dr. Kanwar Deep

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears to be a case of viral rash, and the details available and neither can not diagnose the specific viral type is it of much significance. As your daughter does not have any significant symptoms besides the rash, she does not need any active intervention for the...  Read Full »

My two month old baby is in coma, but could not find the cause for it. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I know this may be too extreme for this site, but I am seeking all the advice I can get. My two months old baby was normal, healthy, happy, smiling. One fine day morning, I walked over to get him and noticed abnormal breathing inhaling but not exhaling. His body was solid gray and unres...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the information you have given, I would try to analyze his condition. First, turning gray or blue means the oxygen levels in his body are low. Reasons could be many. From what you mentioned. He seems to be bleeding in the brain, that is why his red blood cells a...  Read Full »

My one-month-old baby has not passed stool for four days and her stomach grumbles. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My one-month-old has not passed stool for four days. She is passing smelly gas a lot, and she is not sleeping properly. Her stomach grumbles. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Was your baby passing stools usually before these four days? How often was she passing stools? 2. When did the baby first pass meconium (first stool)? 3. Was she passing soft stools? Was it easy to move? 4. Was she born at full term? What is her weight? How is...  Read Full »

My 40 days old daughter is crying day and night inspite of having Colicaid. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 40 days old and she is crying a lot day and night. When consulted a doctor he prescribed Colicaid, and I am giving the same till now but there is no difference. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope your baby is fine. The dictum you have to follow in baby care is to remember, a crying infant is a hungry infant. Secondly, neve ever bottlefeed and give only breast milk. If you still decide to give formula feeds, feed it with a spoon or baby sipper and give ...  Read Full »

Why is my baby vomiting after eating solids?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is just five and a half months old and yesterday I started her on solids. Before that, she was exclusively on breast milk. I gave her a packaged wheat and apple baby food. Two hours after she ate it, she vomited everything out. So, the rest of the day I just gave her brea...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the age of five and a half months, a baby will sit only with support. Neck holding is attained only by three to six months. So, it is normal. About the feeding, the ideal time to switch to weaning foods is when the baby completes six months. Until then breast milk ...  Read Full »

My 2.8 year old son is blinking his eyes often. What might be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2.8 years old, sometimes he is blinking eyes often, the first incident occurred two weeks back, and today he is doing that, what might be the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the situation you are facing with your child. Most of the times, it is normal for this age group children to have such habits or mannerisms. If your child also has any other associated symptoms like not attentive while playing or in playschool, losing aw...  Read Full »

My 3-year-old child has low iron level since 5 months. What is wrong with him?

Query: Hello doctor,Child aged 3 years. Iron level is 26 continuously since when he was 5 months old. Even though taking various iron supplements since first diagnosed at 5 months. Huge problems are sleeping, itchy skin, and mood swings. Nobody can tell me what is wrong? Is this all related?  Read Full »

Dr. Laurent Hiffler

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would be very dishonest to give you a miraculous answer after a two sentences question about something that seems going on for more than two years. Full clinical examination, growth monitoring, blood test (is iron? or ferritin?) vitamin B, immune system, need to h...  Read Full »