Baby Care

My baby is suffering from running nose inspite of having medicines. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is suffering running nose last 13 days. I consulted my pediatrician before some days, and she prescribed Montair Lc kid syrup three ml for 20 days and also gave Sinarest AF drop once for six days. Before that, she took Sinarest Af and Ascoril ld for 10 days. Apart from this, s...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I got your concern. Well, first of all, I am asking you to continue all medications as prescribed by a pediatrician. Babies less than five years often get recurrent cold and cough. There could be many reasons, 1. Post viral infection cough, which may continue for th...  Read Full »

My 40 days old daughter is crying day and night inspite of having Colicaid. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 40 days old and she is crying a lot day and night. When consulted a doctor he prescribed Colicaid, and I am giving the same till now but there is no difference. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope your baby is fine. The dictum you have to follow in baby care is to remember, a crying infant is a hungry infant. Secondly, neve ever bottlefeed and give only breast milk. If you still decide to give formula feeds, feed it with a spoon or baby sipper and give ...  Read Full »

Can Vitcofol be given along with syrup Zincovit to 1-year-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor,Is there any problem if syrup Vitcofol is given along with syrup Zincovit to 1-year-old baby?  Read Full »

Dr. Samreen A Urooj

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no harm in giving these both medications because both of them have a different mode of action but the important point to consider is that try to give one medicine at lunchtime and another one at dinner. Do not give them at the same time. These two medicines ...  Read Full »

Why is my 4-month-old baby refusing to breastfeed while active?

Query: I have a 4 month baby exclusively on breast feed. But from past more than a month, she refuses the breastfeeding when in active mood. Only drinks wen she is sleepy, (after a nap) not before the nap also. After birth she has latched correctly without any issues for 3 months. In past few days, her re...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, For normal babies, what we usually prescribe is - breast feeds ‘on demand.’ That is, feed the baby only when the baby cries with hunger or cries for milk. Do not attempt to feed by the clock. Normally, babies of this age feed once every 2 hours, but, that does not mean you try feed...  Read Full »

Why does my 1-month-old baby scream throughout the night as if her belly hurts?

Query: My one month old usually eats around the clock and always had a lot of gas. The past several days, she will only eat 0.5-1 or 2 ounces at a time when she typically eats 3-3.5 ounces of formula. She rarely poops and if she does it's usually around 1-2am and has diarrhea. She also started screaming th...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, I will presume you had absolutely no other alternative than to start formula feeds for your baby. Babies having reduced stool frequency, passing loose water stools, excessive crying at night can al be because of the formula feed. Generally, babies tolerate Similac well. Please know that onc...  Read Full »

Will the tooth come back if a 1.5-year-old baby loses her tooth?

Query: My baby 1 and half year old while playing she fall down she lost her front upper tooth from root Is that tooth come again?  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Icliniq This is your Dentist - I went through your query and it too painful to see a baby in pain . Kindly donot worry as its a primary(milk tooth) so it will surely erupt by the age of 7 years . So Ma'am kindly be patient till then . If possible kindly upload an image of th...  Read Full »

Can vaccines be delayed for an infant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am blessed with a baby boy (3 months 10 days). I am sharing with you his vaccination card. All vaccines are almost due because of the Corona Pandemic. Most of the clinics are almost closed. Will you please suggest, whether these vaccines can be delayed a bit till the suspension of lock...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern for your child. I would say you can wait for some more time till the end of this month as probably after this month lockdown restrictions will be over. I believe you should go according to your pediatrician as he would understand the situat...  Read Full »

Are my 4 months old daughter's symptoms typical for her age?

Query: My daughter is 4 months old and this is what's been going on with her need answers or if over reacting. When she eats and even for long time after she is constantly puking. Sometimes white foamy puke. She makes a weird breathing sound when eating. And just regular breathing. Her nose is always ru...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi , Choking like act, not laughing or crying well is something need a careful & detailed evaluation that she might be having delayed milestones and that can have multiple causes. If you can connect with me on video chat , I can have a look at your baby to confirm it is something to be of co...  Read Full »

What are the signs of addiction to Gutka in a 1-year-old?

Query: My baby is one year old, i dought that he is getting addicted to the smell of "gutka" intaken by one of my relatives and he takes my baby everyday. He is 70 year's old, whenever my baby sees him my baby gets crazy and after going to him baby never wants to come back easily even to his mother. Plz he...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, The very first thing , confirm whether your relative is giving 'Gutka' to your baby also ? What kind of Gutka he is taking ? Baby may get addiction if he has got the taste of it and started taking it orally. Addiction with smell is difficult to comment on. Possibility of a normal preference ...  Read Full »

Why does my 25-month-old daughter have disturbed sleep and loss of appetite?

Query: Hi doctor, I have 25 months girl who feels discomfort at sleep for a couple of days. For the time she has also lost some of her appetite. I have checked her symptoms and signs. Her body temperature is normal, around 34 but sometimes her hands get hot. She has attended all her vaccines and currently,...  Read Full »

Dr. Samir Bhatia

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, thank you for the elaborate history. Hope you are safe. I appreciate your concern regarding your child. This behavior is normal because as the child grows he/she wants more attention becomes more aware of things. Try to make her more playful keep her more active engage in activities wit...  Read Full »