I am worried about my 7-week-old baby having cough and low-grade fever from today and I would like to know the treatment for these conditions. Please help.

Q. How can a cold and cough be treated in a 7-week-old baby?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My 7-week-old baby has had a cough and low-grade fever from today. I wish to know the treatment for it. I am giving my baby the tablet Tylenol currently. This is the first time the baby is experiencing these conditions.

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

I can suggest the following: Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her, and take the medicines with their consent

For fever:

Please check the temperature of the child with a thermometer. If the temperature is 100 Fahrenheit or more, you can give the baby drops of Crocin (100 mg/ml) (0.6 milliliter) if needed for four to six hours. If the temperature is 102 Fahrenheit or more, you can give syrup Ibugesic Plus (1 milliliter) when needed for six to eight hours. If the temperature stays above 100 Fahrenheit for more than three days or if the temperature crosses 103 Fahrenheit, it is advisable to get evaluated physically by a pediatrician with possible blood investigations based on physical examination.

For coughing:

Drops Mucolite 0.5 milliliters once a day for five days. If any worsening or no improvement, it is better to get the child evaluated physically by a pediatrician.

I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

|