Q. My daughter is 40 days old and crying continuously even after giving Colicaid. What should be done?

Dr. Sajeev Kumar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

My daughter is 40 days old and she is crying a lot day and night. When consulted a doctor he prescribed Colicaid, and I am giving the same till now but there is no difference. Why?

Do you have a question on Baby Care or Breast Milk?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

MBBS., DCH., CSC
Child Health Paediatrics

I hope your baby is fine. The dictum you have to follow in baby care is to remember, a crying infant is a hungry infant. Secondly, neve ever bottlefeed and give only breast milk. If you still decide to give formula feeds, feed it with a spoon or baby sipper and give Colicaid drops to avoid colicky pains. Next check if your baby has passed urine or motion and is soiled and if feeling wet change the napkins.

Also Read Answers From: Baby Care Breast Milk Simethicone

Does chickenpox spread through breast milk?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old and a mother of 7 months old baby. Recently, I have got infected with herpes zoster virus on my back. It is a small patch above my waist. Doctor told me to stop breastfeeding for a week. But, my baby is exclusively breastfed till now and not taking bottle feed after seve...  Read Full >>
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. If you have chickenpox or herpes zoster virus infection and you are breastfeeding, then your baby does not get infected with the chickenpox virus through your breast milk. However, if you still have blisters on your skin, then it is poss...  Read Full

Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?
Query: Hello doctor, We are living in a building. It has four floors. We are on the third floor. There is a mobile tower on the roof. Is there any harm to the baby and us due to the tower? Please advise us if there is any harm, then what to do? The baby is three months old.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, it is said that radiations from the mobile tower are not carcinogenic. However, there is no proof for that. This statement is based on research. Currently, there are no guidelines stating that one should stay away from mobile tower radiations, so there is noth...  Read Full

My 2 month old baby is crying a lot. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, My 2 months old baby is crying a lot. She is crying most of the day and is refusing mother's milk. What to do?  Read Full >>
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. If a 2 month old child is crying, then it could be due to pain in the abdomen due to colic. I suggest you start Colicaid drops (Dil oil, Fennel oil, and Simethicone), four drops thrice a day for three days. If the child is not taking ...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now