Q. My daughter is 40 days old and crying continuously even after giving Colicaid. What should be done?

Dr. Sajeev Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 15, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2019

My daughter is 40 days old and she is crying a lot day and night. When consulted a doctor he prescribed Colicaid, and I am giving the same till now but there is no difference. Why?

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Paediatrics
#

I hope your baby is fine. The dictum you have to follow in baby care is to remember, a crying infant is a hungry infant. Secondly, neve ever bottlefeed and give only breast milk. If you still decide to give formula feeds, feed it with a spoon or baby sipper and give Colicaid drops to avoid colicky pains. Next check if your baby has passed urine or motion and is soiled and if feeling wet change the napkins.

| 

Does chickenpox spread through breast milk?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old and a mother of 7 months old baby. Recently, I have got infected with herpes zoster virus on my back. It is a small patch above my waist. Doctor told me to stop breastfeeding for a week. But, my baby is exclusively breastfed till now and not taking bottle feed after seve...  Read Full »

Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?

Query: Hello doctor, We are living in a building. It has four floors. We are on the third floor. There is a mobile tower on the roof. Is there any harm to the baby and us due to the tower? Please advise us if there is any harm, then what to do? The baby is three months old.  Read Full »

My 2 month old baby is crying a lot. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 months old baby is crying a lot. She is crying most of the day and is refusing mother's milk. What to do?  Read Full »