Q. One liter water bottle has fallen on my 5. 5 months old baby. What should I do?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Published on Jun 21, 2019

My baby was 5.5 months old. One liter water bottle fallen in my baby's head, and that place became reddish. Already she was suffering from fever too. Kindly help.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Please apply cold water bag to the reddish area. Also, you will need to start the child on drops crocin based on the current weight of the child (is it 2.72 kg? 2.72 kg is too less for a 5.5 months old child). Dose for 2.72 kg is 0.3 ml of drops crocin (100 mg/ml). Also please document the fever with a thermometer. If it is above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, it is advisable to get the child evaluated physically by a pediatrician. Also, if you feel the child is lethargic, has a convulsion or his refusal to feed, it is best to go to the nearest hospital.

| 

Paracetamol tablets for tooth pain

Query: Hello Doctor, Can I take two Amoxicillin 500 tablets for my first dose of medicines for a tooth infection? Is there anything at home that will take the pain away?  Read Full »

What is the reason for constant crying and improper sleep in a 1-month-old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a 1-month-old baby and been facing several issues. He is crying a lot even after feeding him properly, burping him, checking his diaper, making him comfortable and ruling out other health issues and having a hard time in consoling him. We have tried pacifiers for him but avoi...  Read Full »

How to know if a baby is getting the right amount of milk?

Query: Hi doctor, How to know if a baby is getting the right amount of milk?  Read Full »