Q. One liter water bottle has fallen on my 5. 5 months old baby. What should I do?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My baby was 5.5 months old. One liter water bottle fallen in my baby's head, and that place became reddish. Already she was suffering from fever too. Kindly help.

#

Please apply cold water bag to the reddish area. Also, you will need to start the child on drops crocin based on the current weight of the child (is it 2.72 kg? 2.72 kg is too less for a 5.5 months old child). Dose for 2.72 kg is 0.3 ml of drops crocin (100 mg/ml). Also please document the fever with a thermometer. If it is above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, it is advisable to get the child evaluated physically by a pediatrician. Also, if you feel the child is lethargic, has a convulsion or his refusal to feed, it is best to go to the nearest hospital.

|