Q. Why is 38 days old baby always crying and having poor sleep ?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Published on Jun 18, 2018

I have a girl baby and she is just 38 days old. She is suffering from colic pain. She is having poor sleep in day and night. Not even she slept continuously for one hour. This is the first baby. I and my husband are only taking care of her. She is not ready to sleep in cradle or bed. She wants to hold her in hand always. We gave Colimex, Colicaid, Colip, nothing worked for her. She always cries, we are struggling to find out the reason. Please guide me what could be the reason.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Do not worry. This is your first baby that is why this query. During the first six months, children sleep during the day and stay awake at night. Also, children seek attention during these months. There is no medication for this. You have to hold the child. Common reasons for crying:

1. Hungry. Stops on feeding.
  2. Wet diaper. Stops on changing the diaper.
  3. Rarely it may be due to reflux or colic. Mind you there is not many benefits of giving any colic medication like Colic acid, Colimex, Coliped simply because they do not work.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Why is the child crying on seeing mother and step-dad together?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two children with a different father but my eldest seems to experience trauma or stress. I saw her crying at night whenever she saw her step-father lying beside me or beside her brother. Please help me. I want to know if it is a sign of depression. She feels happy when she gets...  Read Full >>

Dr. Saurav Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a very beautiful and cheerful daughter. I just saw her picture and she looks great (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Depression is a very major disorder to tag her with, so definitely, she is not having depression. With the amount of data, you h...  Read Full

How to control loose motions in a 1 month old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 1 month old boy baby, his mother died during the delivery. We feed him cow's milk, but he is having loose motions. How to control the loose motions?  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is so sad to hear about his mom. First, we need to clarify whether he has diarrhea, because sometimes, increased frequency of stools due to gastrocolic reflex may be considered as diarrhea. If he has diarrhea, then we need to look at the causes, for example, infecti...  Read Full