Q. Can I give my 1-month-old-baby organic product for constipation?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My 1-month-old baby started passing quarter-sized stools with hard consistency. I could not see any improvement after giving water. So can I give organic product to ease the constipation?

#

Do not use organic products for newborns. Instead, I would recommend increasing the quantity of water in the formula feeds. Based on the stool consistency, we usually add 30 ml of water per scoop, and you can add 35 ml or increase it up to 40 ml per scoop. Then, if the breastfeeding child passes stools without strain and if the child's growth is satisfactory, you need not worry.

|