Q. What should I do to treat the constipation in a 2 year old child?

Answered by Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Baby Constipation or Baby Care? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My baby is 2 years old. For the past four months, she gets constipated. She has to move her bowels daily because if she does not have it more than 24 hours, she will get constipated. We tried changing her milk, but it only made her stools harder. She is currently on similac go and grow. We add water on her milk because she hates drinking water and she is a very picky eater. I use pedia lax to help move her bowels. What should I do?