Q. Why is my baby passing greenish loose motion?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Published on Oct 27, 2019

My 5 months 15 days old baby is having loose motion from yesterday and he has passed 8 to 9 times greenish motion. Please sugest me what I can do.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Do not worry about the color of the stool as long as it is not red and does not contain blood. Please give syrup Zincolife 2.5 ml once a day for 14 days. Also, give ORS solution (prepare solution as advised in the instructions given) as 10 ml/kg with the passage of each loose stool to keep the baby hydrated. It will take atleast 4 days for loose motions to be controlled after starting these medicines.

Watch for signs of dehydration like lethargy, refusal to feed, poor skin turgor, dry oral mucosa. If these signs are present it is indicative of dehydration. In such cases and also, if the child is passing blood in stools, it is advisable to admit the child to the nearest hospital after evaluation.

Please advise non-surgical treatment for lumbar lordosis and disc dehydration.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a back pain which has made me stay in bed for two weeks. Now the pain has reduced but I have very limited movement, just to go to the bathroom but still, there is a pain when I want to stand up. I did the MRI test, the result was showing lumbar lordosis is decreased with scolio...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain with watery stool. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the following symptoms. Abdominal pain, starting from yesterday night. Had instant noodle and two eggs for the meal last night. At first, it was severe pain and strange sound in the intestine and could not poop. And then I had diarrhea and poop water. Hardly slept last night du...  Read Full »

Why am I having an increase in alkaline phosphatase level?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 36 years old, male, 6'1", 265 lbs. I have a question about total bilirubin. I had it checked four weeks ago and it was at .41 mg/dl and one month later it jumped to .82 mg/dl. My alkaline phosphatase is at 1.173 ukat/l and four weeks ago was at 1.003 ukat/l. The doctor was not conc...  Read Full »