Q. 19 months old baby has temperature of 102 and cough from yesterday. Kindly advice.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

My wife has a viral fever, and now it is transmitted to my baby girl aged 19 months. She has a fever and cough since yesterday. Today I checked her body temperature, and it was 102. Please advice.

Do you have a question on Baby Fever or Ibuprofen?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

MBBS., DCH
Child Health Paediatrics

Please give syrup Crocin (125 mg/5 ml) as per the weight of the child (4 to 6 hourly if the temperature is above 100 F). You can give syrup Ibugesic (Ibuprofen) as per the weight of the child if the temperature is 102 F and above. Regarding cough, please give syrup Levolin (Levosalbutamol) twice a day as per the weight of the child. Also if the condition of the child is worsening, and if the temperature goes above 103 F, if the fever lasts for more than three days or if the child has lethargy and refusal to feed, please get the child physically evaluated by a pediatrician.

Also Read Answers From: Baby Fever Ibuprofen Baby Cough

How can throat pain with cough be treated in a child?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6 years old and weighs about 24 to 25 kg. She is having throat pain and cough and running a fever of 100.5 degree since yesterday. She got throat infection from me. I consulted with my doctor and she gave p250 7.5 ml and Betadine gargle for her and told us to consult a ...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please continue the same treatment as going on. An antibiotic like Augmentin may need to be added based on the clinical examination of the child (to see if it is required). Also, Ibugesic may be started to reduce the pain and inflammation (if any) based on the clinical ...  Read Full »

Can I give Paracetamol with Dolowin Plus to a child for fever?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has a fever for the last two days. She has tonsils. The doctor has given half Dolowin Plus twice a day and Ziprax 100 DT twice a day. Yesterday she had 103 fever. Fever does not come down by Dolowin Plus. So I gave Meftal P 100 mg. But in the night and the day she did not ...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Dolowin plus has already got Paracetamol in it so there is no need to give Paracetamol with Dolowin plus. You can give Dolowin plus every four hourly if fever persists. If there is a fever in spite of giving it, then cold sponging of the ...  Read Full »

How long can I take Ibuprofen for pain from broken ribs?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old female, and I fell 10 days back and broke one or two ribs. The only thing that brings any relief is Ibuprofen 800 mg. I need to know how often and for how long can I take Ibuprofen? I tried Oxycodone 10 mg, but it does not work that well. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Ibuprofen is a strong painkiller, it should not often be taken, as it has many side effects like gastritis, liver and kidney damage. But in initial days of pain following rib fracture, pain is actually very severe. I suggest you try doing the following: Tram...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now