Q. 19 months old baby has temperature of 102 and cough from yesterday. Kindly advice.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 24, 2019

My wife has a viral fever, and now it is transmitted to my baby girl aged 19 months. She has a fever and cough since yesterday. Today I checked her body temperature, and it was 102. Please advice.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Please give syrup Crocin (125 mg/5 ml) as per the weight of the child (4 to 6 hourly if the temperature is above 100 F). You can give syrup Ibugesic (Ibuprofen) as per the weight of the child if the temperature is 102 F and above. Regarding cough, please give syrup Levolin (Levosalbutamol) twice a day as per the weight of the child. Also if the condition of the child is worsening, and if the temperature goes above 103 F, if the fever lasts for more than three days or if the child has lethargy and refusal to feed, please get the child physically evaluated by a pediatrician.

How can throat pain with cough be treated in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6 years old and weighs about 24 to 25 kg. She is having throat pain and cough and running a fever of 100.5 degree since yesterday. She got throat infection from me. I consulted with my doctor and she gave p250 7.5 ml and Betadine gargle for her and told us to consult a ...  Read Full »

Can I give Paracetamol with Dolowin Plus to a child for fever?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has a fever for the last two days. She has tonsils. The doctor has given half Dolowin Plus twice a day and Ziprax 100 DT twice a day. Yesterday she had 103 fever. Fever does not come down by Dolowin Plus. So I gave Meftal P 100 mg. But in the night and the day she did not ...  Read Full »

How long can I take Ibuprofen for pain from broken ribs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old female, and I fell 10 days back and broke one or two ribs. The only thing that brings any relief is Ibuprofen 800 mg. I need to know how often and for how long can I take Ibuprofen? I tried Oxycodone 10 mg, but it does not work that well. Thank you.  Read Full »