Q. Is nebulization advisable for a baby suffering from frequent cold, cough, and fever?

Answered by Dr. Suresh Kumar G D and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Baby Fever or Nebulization? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My daughter is 1 year and 10 months old and is suffering from severe cough and cold. She also had some kind of cough and cold since 15 to 20 days and after a dose of Azitral for five days she got cured. Now again she has caught cough mainly dry cough. in the night situation became worse and could not sleep the whole night due to severe dry cough. Now the doctor has adviced Augmentin duo syrup 5 ml per day for five days. Really disturbed by her reproductive dry cough. Do frequent medication harm her internally? Should we use nebulization? Is that better than antibiotics? She is taking Ascoril LS syrup. She does not have any breathing difficulty, only dry cough with fever (100 F).