Q. My 1-year-old son has a fever, cold, and is vomiting. What to do?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

1 yr old son has fever and cold for 3x day he is also vomiting. Temp 39.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
# If temperature is 100 F or more, you can give syrup crocin (125 mg/5 ml) 4 ml sos 4 to 6 hourly. If temperature stays above 100 F for more than 3 days or if temperature crosses 103 F, it is advisable to get evaluated physically by a pediatrician with possible blood investigations based as per physical examination. For vomiting you can use Syp. Ondem 2 ml thrice a day for 3 days (to be taken half an hour before food/water)
For the coughing, i would recommend you to take syrup levolin 2 ml twice a day along with syrup montair lc kid 2.5 ml at night for 5 to 7 days. You can also do nebulization with duolin (1/2 respule) + budecort (1/2 respule) + 2 ml ns on an sos basis for relief from the cough and cold).

| 

What could be the reason for frequent cold with fever and heavy head?

Query: Hello doctor, I get frequent cold, and it will be severe with a fever of 102-103 degrees. My head remains heavy, and I have thick mucus when I blow my nose. I usually get sneeze with a change in outside temperature. Please help.  Read Full »

Paracetamol tablets for tooth pain

Query: Hello Doctor, Can I take two Amoxicillin 500 tablets for my first dose of medicines for a tooth infection? Is there anything at home that will take the pain away?  Read Full »

Can I give Paracetamol with Dolowin Plus to a child for fever?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has a fever for the last two days. She has tonsils. The doctor has given half Dolowin Plus twice a day and Ziprax 100 DT twice a day. Yesterday she had 103 fever. Fever does not come down by Dolowin Plus. So I gave Meftal P 100 mg. But in the night and the day she did not ...  Read Full »