Q. My 1-year-old son has a fever, cold, and is vomiting. What to do?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on May 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

My one-year-old son is having fever, cold, and vomiting. He has a temperature of 39 degrees.

#

Welcome to icliniq/com.

If the temperature is above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, you can give syrup Crocin 125 mg/5 ml 4 ml (Paracetamol) on an SOS (save our soul) basis every four to six hours. If the temperature stays above 100 degrees Fahrenheit for more than three days or if the temperature crosses 103 degrees Fahrenheit, it is good to consult a pediatrician for a physical examination. It is good to do some blood investigations according to physical examination. For vomiting, you can give syrup Ondem 2 mg (Ondansetron) thrice a day for three days. Take them half an hour before food. For coughing, I suggest you give syrup Levolin 2 ml (Levalbuterol) twice a day along with syrup Montair LC kid 2.5 ml (Levocetirizine with Montelukast) at night for five to seven days. You can have nebulization with Duolin (1/2 respule) (Levosalbutamol with Ipratropium) and Budecort (1/2 respule) (Budesonide) with 2 ml normal saline on an SOS basis for getting relief from cough and cold.

|