Q. My baby has a high fever even after giving him Wikoryl syrup. Is it COVID-19?

Dr. Prakash Chandra Girdhar Lal Nagar

My baby is suffering from fever. I have given him Wikoryl syrup, but it did not help much, and he is having high fever now. Kindly share your suggestion.

#

I can understand your concern.

Give these medications as mentioned (for mild cough, cold and fever).

1. Syrup Paracetamol (Crocin 125mg/5ml) - 5 ml as when fever. You can repeat it every 4 hrs if needed.

2. Syrup Brufen ( Ibuprofen 100mg/5ml) - 5 ml if fever does not subside after 1 hr of Paracetamol. You can repeat it every 8 hrs if needed.

3. Syrup Lorin (Loratadine) - 2.5 ml once daily for three days.

4. Normal saline nasal drops - 2 drops in each nostril every 4 hrs for three days.

Give plenty of fluids like water, milk, juice, etc. If the baby refuses feeds or has any breathing difficulty, then get tested for COVID-19.

Hope this helps. Take care.

|