Q. Why is my son crying continuously, and having sudden fever with mouth ulcers?

Dr. Sajeev Kumar
and medically reviewed by Dr.Meera Premanand

My son is 3.5 years old. He had a sudden fever three days back. His doctor gave CBP, CRP, and many other tests. I am attaching the reports here. Then we suddenly noticed ulcers in his mouth as he was refusing food. We took him to the doctor the next day, and he gave him an ointment Clenora gel and Zincovit oral supplement. ?He asked to apply from last evening every three hours. The fever has subsided, but he is still refusing food, and the ulcers have not been cured entirely yet. He gave the gel for seven days and said viral infection was the cause. Yesterday's poop was a little pale, the first brown then pale. The bilirubin is fine but got a little elevated. Please help. The bilirubin is fine but got a little elevated. Could it be because of the infection? Can you please give me suggestions of any tonic for liver function improvement? Please advise.

#

Your son has an infection, viral or bacterial. It is most likely a viral infection, and it will take 5 to 7 days for a complete cure. His poop is pale because he is not eating normally. It will be as expected when he starts eating normally after the illness. The SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase) is not significantly eliminated, and it does not show any particular disease. Now the mouth ulcers will subside as the infection reduces. You have to wait for the condition to heal patiently.

|