Baby Normal Behavior

Why is my 1-month-old baby suffering from severe gas?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl is 1 month old. I am having a really tough time both physically and mentally. I hope you can help me out. At around 3 weeks, my baby started having gas trouble. I gave gripe water as per guidance from my parents. When I searched on the internet, I found that it is bad for bab...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be going through a lot of stress with your child. Please calm down. All these phenomena are completely normal till the age of 6 months in every child. I believe this must be your first child and that is why all the confusion. Normal things that every first...  Read Full »

Are my baby's eyes normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a question regarding my 4.5 months old baby girl, who occasionally has an eye that turns inward. Sometimes, she crosses her eyes when she is tired or when she looks at her hands or something close to her face. When she looks at a distance, her eyes are normally aligned. I asked a...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I assure you that this phenomenon is normal in children till 6 months of age as they have high accommodation. It is abnormal if persists beyond 12 months. I advise you to follow your child and it will get normal in some time. If it remains th...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for colic pain in a baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 26 days old and suffering from colic pain. She is unable to sleep properly due to this and she will wake up in between sleep and struggle a lot to release gas. She used to sleep peacefully for 5 to 6 hours at a stretch, but now could not sleep even for 1 hour properly. Our ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you must understand that babies change their sleeping pattern so quickly. There are lots of reasons for babies not to sleep at night. They usually sleep for one or two hours at a stretch. Colic pain can be one of the reasons. You should either give him Ne...  Read Full »

How to know if your newborn is getting enough breast milk?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 2 weeks old and she is sleeping all day. I have to force her to breastfeed and she will drink less and sleep again. She is awake in the night and having a good amount of milk in the night. She makes on average five to six wet clothes. I am worried as she is sleeping 7 to 8 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I would say that what the other pediatricians have told you is true. This is normal with newborn babies till a few weeks. Yes, they tend to sleep a lot and you need not worry about the sleep. On an average, you have to breastfeed the bab...  Read Full »

My premature baby has failed his hearing test. What to do next?

Query: Hello doctor,I am writing regarding the newborn screening of my baby. He was prematurely born at 29 weeks and spent 40 days in NICU. During his stay, we tested his hearing via OAE method. At first, both the ears did not respond and in the second screening, the left ear was perfect. But, there was ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The BERA (brainstem evoked response audiometry) report shows a profound hearing loss in the right ear. OAE (otoacoustic emissions) shows an absence of OAE in the right which means the inne...  Read Full »

My 2 months old baby is extremely agitated and not sleeping. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2 months old. He is a normal healthy baby. I did not have any trouble with him so far. Sometimes, he will grunt and raise his knees to his chest when he has gas but has always been able to get a normal amount of sleep.Today, though he has been very agitated and alert, the who...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your explanation, a few things are evident. This is probably your first child. We are talking about a normal well-growing child with a weight of 6 kg at the age of 2 months, which is very good. The behaviour that you are explaining is known as startling reflex. It is...  Read Full »

Why is my baby's head so big?

Query: Hi doctor, I was blessed with twin baby girls before three months. It was a premature C-section at 36th week. At birth, one of my baby head size was 33 cm. After some days, it was 36.5 cm. So, the doctor was surprised and sent for an ultrasound scan. I have attached the first report of the scan. It ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. The head circumference of 40.5 cm at 8 weeks of age is definitely abnormal. In addition to that, the scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) clearly ...  Read Full »

Is it normal for a 7-month-old baby to have jerks?

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 months old baby boy is dropping down his head occasionally. Sometimes, he has some mild jerks. Jerks were at the time after his feeding or after he wakes up. That time, he just swallows or lick his lips with tongue. Otherwise, his activities are very normal. He can hear us, identify...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question with care and understand that you are concerned about few jerks your kid has. First and foremost, I would like to appreciate and congratulate you for giving detailed descriptions. Regarding the jerks, they are quite normal for his age. You need t...  Read Full »

Why did not my 5-month-old daughter roll from yesterday?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 5 months old. She started rolling at her fifth month birthday. She rolled for two or three days. But, she did not roll since yesterday. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A baby starts to roll or turn on its back at 5 months of age. Since your child has started to roll at 5 months, this is absolutely normal for this age. In initial days, the movements are a bit slow which the child picks in a few days. So, you should not worry abo...  Read Full »

Can I give Babygesic drops for fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby, who is 1 year old, is suffering from fever. It is 104 Fahrenheit from last one hour. Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you to give him a Panadol drop (Paracetamol) about 8 to 10 drops or 2.5 mL for every eight hours for fever. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with their consent. If his fever is not coming down, then please do cold ...  Read Full »