Baby Normal Behavior

Can I give Babygesic drops for fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby, who is 1 year old, is suffering from fever. It is 104 Fahrenheit from last one hour. Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you to give him a Panadol drop (Paracetamol) about 8 to 10 drops or 2.5 mL for every eight hours for fever. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with their consent. If his fever is not coming down, then please do cold ...  Read Full »

Which type of vaccination is good, painless or painful?

Query: Hello doctor,My son's tongue comes out while sleeping and most of the time. He is six weeks old. While breastfeeding, he uses his tongue to suck the milk. Is this normal? Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the child is just six weeks old, you need not worry. It is normal for the baby to do this. It is just a variation. Do not panic and just relax. Watch your baby grow and change habits as he grows. For further information consult a child health specialist online --...  Read Full »

Does a fall cause brain and IQ damage in a baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter of 6 months old had a fall yesterday from 20 inches height. She had a hit on the backside of her head. She cried loudly and I immediately applied lot of water on the backside of her head. She became fine within a minute and she is totally fine now. Will it affect her intellig...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fall from height does cause injury, a known fact. Human body has protective mechanisms against such accidents. One is bony skull, which prevents force to hit brain inside. It is not that effective in children. Next is fluid inside the skull surrounding brain does prevent...  Read Full »

My premature baby has failed his hearing test. What to do next?

Query: Hello doctor,I am writing regarding the newborn screening of my baby. He was prematurely born at 29 weeks and spent 40 days in NICU. During his stay, we tested his hearing via OAE method. At first, both the ears did not respond and in the second screening, the left ear was perfect. But, there was ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The BERA (brainstem evoked response audiometry) report shows a profound hearing loss in the right ear. OAE (otoacoustic emissions) shows an absence of OAE in the right which means the inne...  Read Full »

My 6 weeks old daughter is suffering from loose motion. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6 weeks old and suffering from loose motion. Her stool is yellowish and watery. She is passing stools with a fart. She passed stools for more than 10 times in 4 hours now. She is completely on breastfeeding. She is not pale and her lips are not dry. Also, she has some ra...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks to be your first child. Normally, children below the age of 6 months pass stools 10 to 15 times a day or once in two days. So, do not worry. Please stop using gripe water. It is not recommended. Nothing other than breastmilk is advisable in the first six months....  Read Full »

Our 2 months old baby poops all the time. Please suggest some medicine.

Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago, my wife delivered a baby boy. 10 days before, we brought the baby home from my wife's place. Since then, he poops all the time and it is mostly mucus-like with a little odor and watery. I guess there is some fungal infection around the baby's anus. We went to the doctor a...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be very worried and I think this is your first child, which is why all the worry is taking place. Here are certain things you should know about children under the age of 6 months. Slight coughing, sneezing, gurr gurr noises from the chest that does not impair...  Read Full »

My 2 months old baby is extremely agitated and not sleeping. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2 months old. He is a normal healthy baby. I did not have any trouble with him so far. Sometimes, he will grunt and raise his knees to his chest when he has gas but has always been able to get a normal amount of sleep.Today, though he has been very agitated and alert, the who...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your explanation, a few things are evident. This is probably your first child. We are talking about a normal well-growing child with a weight of 6 kg at the age of 2 months, which is very good. The behaviour that you are explaining is known as startling reflex. It is...  Read Full »

My 18 month old eats very less. Should I give him an appetite booster?

Query: Hello doctor, My 18 month old son is very choosy and eats very less. He eats everything one day and almost nothing another day. I am worried about his health. He frequently gets cold and congestion too. What can I do? Can I give him any appetite booster? What is the best food for him?  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common concern that every mother has. Kids are fussy eaters and we should inculcate good food habits in them. Try giving different food items to him on different days, keep changing, and experimenting with food - this might help him eat something. Never try...  Read Full »

Why has the infant not defecated for a few days?

Query: Hello doctor, My 45-day-old nephew has not defecated for the last two days. Today is the third day. He is taking his feeds well and having a sound sleep. His urine output is good. Also, he is leaving gas as usual. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is one of the common complaints received. It is absolutely normal for an infant to pass stool once in a week or 20 times a day in whatever consistency. As long as the baby is active, is feeding well and is passing adequate urine there is nothing to worry. Con...  Read Full »

My premature baby pooped 10 times in the last 24 hours. Is it a sign of loose motion?

Query: Hello doctor, I need a detailed medical advice regarding my son's medical condition. My baby was born on the 19th last month, but he was premature. He was born at 29 weeks. His birth weight was 1.26 kg. Due to his preterm birth, the baby was in NICU for 45 days and got discharged. During birth, he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please find your answers in the same order as the questions asked: Small children below the age of six months may pass stools once in two days or 10 to 15 times per day. It is normal. As long as the child is active and the urine output is fine (which in your case it is...  Read Full »