Q. Kindly reassure if my baby's eyes are normal.

Dr. Payas Joshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2020

I have a question regarding my 4.5 months old baby girl, who occasionally has an eye that turns inward. Sometimes, she crosses her eyes when she is tired or when she looks at her hands or something close to her face. When she looks at a distance, her eyes are normally aligned. I asked a pediatrician and he said it as normal until 6 months old. But, I would like to get reassurance from you. Thanks in advance.

#

I understand your concern.

• I assure you that this phenomenon is normal in children till 6 months of age as they have high accommodation. It is abnormal if persists beyond 12 months.
  • I advise you to follow your child and it will get normal in some time. If it remains the same after 12 months, then it is significant.

For further doubts consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|