Q. I have back acne for the past 5 years. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Snehal Laul

I have back acnes for the past five years. I did not take any medicines because it does not bother me. How to get rid of it? Can it spread from others?

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

Do you scratch or rub the lesion often? Do you have a pus-filled lesion or mite allergies? Does itching aggravate during the night? Are there any similar episodes in any of your family members? Please attach the picture of the lesion to confirm the diagnosis.

| 

I do not have itching. I have this problem for the last couple of years, and it does not go. Last year my brother experienced a similar kind of problem for a couple of days, but he got cured. Unless him, no one experienced this even though we share towels or soaps sometimes. But now I am shifted to the hostel and afraid it might spread.

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

Scabies (mite allergies) can spread through share of towels (fomite). Permite 5 percent cream at night on day 1 and on day 7(after 6 days, on the 7th day). Apply below the neck to the whole body and wash off next morning.

Use Aziderm 20 percent cream at night for 20 days(on dark lesions), Dersil AF body wash for bath for 10 days, Brevoxyl creamy wash for next 20 days. And take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night for seven days.

Avoid scratching or rubbing of lesions as it may cause secondary bacterial infection. Maintain proper hygiene. Avoid sharing of towels and personal belongings.

Do you have excess sweating or fungal infection in the past? Do you wear tight clothes? Please help.

| 

I don't know why there is excess sweat in my body after the age of 15. Normally, we do not share any personal belongings, but I mention it as a reference to occasional past incidents. Probably I once had ringworm in childhood after that no. And now, I have a problem with dandruff sometimes due to water and excess heat of the body. I do not wear tight clothes. Is this contagious? How much time will it take to cure?

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

Use Scalpe shampoo weekly twice for six weeks. Please keep it on the scalp for 5 to 10 minutes and then wash off. Initially use on alternate days, then reduce the frequency weekly twice, and once weekly.

Yes, mite allergy is contagious. Wash your clothes separately in hot water. Do proper laundry and iron your clothes (to kill mites, fungal molds, if any). Change bed linens regularly.

Bath twice daily. Wear loose, thin, comfortable cotton clothes. Stay in a cold, well-ventilated room.

Avoid humid, warm, and moist environments. Avoid sweating. Keep the area dry as much as possible, as moisture favors fungal growth. Use Kevon stay on lotion 20 minutes before bath for 20 days and Clindamycin 1 percent gel after bathing on lesions at the back. It will take two to three months to clear.

|