Q. Why does the dull pain on my right side of the coccygeal vertebrae increase when I stand?

Dr. Anuj Gupta

My weight is 63 kg, and my height is 5.5 feet. For three days, I am experiencing a dull pain or shock-like sensation on the right side of the coccygeal vertebrae (lower end of the spine near the tail bone) immediately when I stand up from sitting on a chair. The pain goes away after five minutes of standing. There is no pain while walking or in a sitting position. There is no swelling or sensitivity on touching my back (the muscle on my buttocks or near the tailbone). I do regular workouts at home, and I am sure I did not hurt my back while working out. I do not have a fever, blood pressure, and diabetes. I never had any back or spinal pain earlier. I never also met with any accidents in the past. I am a software professional, working from home for two years. I have a constipation problem, and I have been taking Lactifiber every night for the past seven months, and my constipation has reduced. Please advise on my back pain and how to get healing from my back pain. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. The kind of pain you are describing seems to be nerve pain. If it had been local pain, it would have increased in sitting. I would like to know if you ever felt pain going down to any of the legs? Try to bend and touch your toes without bending your knees, and does this position increase your pain?

Thanks for the reply. The pain does not move to my legs, and there is no pain when I touch my feet without bending my knees. Kindly help.

#

I can understand your concern. I suggest you follow this advice:

1) Tablet Zerodol-SP (Aceclofenac, Paracetamol, and Serratiopeptidase) one tablet twice a day for ten days.

2) Capsule Pregabalin 75 mg one capsule once at night for one month.

3) Use a sitz bath.

4) Practice pelvic floor strengthening exercises.

5) Use a coccygeal cushion (which is U-shaped).

Do it for two weeks.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|