Q. My daughter hit her tailbone and has neck pain with toes numbness. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Mohammed Wajid
My 12 year old daughter was walking her dog tonight at about 8pm. The dog seen a cat and pulled my daughter to the ground my daughter hit her tailbone and is now talking about having pain in her neck and toes are in and out of being numb and tingling. Is this something i should be concerned about? Or can this escalate into something more serious?

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapy
#

Hi, welcome to icliniq.

there is nothing to worry about your daughter, its just minor jerk she got as she is just 12, yrs her weak muscles giving her the pain.

Givet her Accelofenac+paracetamol tablet for three days or Paracetamol syrup twice a day for three days after food.

Apply ice pack or Diclofenac ointment to the area of pain and keept it covered with cotton cloth, clean it with warm water following hot water fermentation.

Gently rotate her foot 80°-90° if possible, flexion and extension, and last rotation of foot. If possible keep her foot in warm water for 10-15mins, this process will remove pain from toes and foot. same to neck muscles as well.

Or giving Diclofenac Injection also helps reduce pain quickly.

There is nothing to worry about her health everything will be fine in 3 days. Thank you.

|