Back Pain Post Pregnancy

Why is there weakness and back pain after delivery?

Query: Hi doctor, A few days back my wife felt weakness and back pain and today she felt too much pain in backbone while sitting and while laying down. This pain started after delivery. She cannot move fast. This time she is in pain and I am very upset about what to do. She is a child's mother so please h...  Read Full »

Dr. Firas Arnaout

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From her young age and recent childbirth, she might have suffered from a slipped disc in her back. Does she have any leg pain? Please note that if she suffers from any urine or bowel disturbance then she will need to see a specialist straight away. My recommendation ...  Read Full »

I feel weak after pregnancy. What diet should I follow?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a lactating mother. I feel dizzy and weak. My BP is 100/60. What should I do for this? What diet should I follow? Please guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your blood pressure (BP) is absolutely normal. There are various reasons for your tiredness and weakness which are as follows. The wrong position of breastfeeding may cause back pain and tiredness. You should not bend your back while breastfeeding. Put some pillows beh...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for back pain following C-section?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I had a cesarean delivery before eight years. Since then, I have been having some light to medium pain in the lower back. In the last few months, the pain has increased and is regular every day now. It pains clearly when it is pressed. Also, in the last few we...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. After cesarean section every woman experiences back pain for a few months, which is related to the surgery and spinal anesthesia. During surgery some of the nerves get cut while giving incision and...  Read Full »

How to get rid of lower back pain post pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 5 months old. My back was fine before delivery. Now my lower back just above my butt really hurts and feels weak when I stand up after lying down on my stomach. I do not get any such feel when I stand from lying on my back. Also, after giving birth, I noticed my lower back sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair Mohammad

Physiotherapist, Chiropractor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. During pregnancy lot of changes occur in a body, one of those is increase in lower back curve (lumbar lordosis). Due to increase in lumbar lordosis some muscles of lower back remain stretched and become weak. It will cause lower back pain. I suggest you to start doing so...  Read Full »

Lower back pain starts two to three hours after sleeping. Is it serious?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife (29 years old, feeding 8 months baby) has been suffering from severe lower back pain especially during the late night for past two months. The strange thing is that the pain is very mild in the daytime but severe in the night with a headache. She does not have any other symptoms...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such back pains are usually due to the strain in the lower back, that could be due to wrong postures, calcium and vitamin D deficiency. Now, since she has night pains, it is very important to rule out any pathological fracture, nerve compression, or tuberculosis of the ...  Read Full »

Diagnosed as Pott’s spine in the L4-L5 region. Severe pain in back as well in the right leg. What to do next?

Query: Hello doctor, Fourteen months ago, my wife went through a C-section delivering a baby girl. After 15 days of surgery, she started feeling lower backache with very local pain in bending, sneezing and coughing. Initially, we thought it is a post-cesarean effect. As she was breastfeeding the baby, she...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has Pott's spine that is tuberculosis of the spine and the treatment duration for this is 18 months. Now, the symptom you have mentioned suggests that she has got severe compression of the nerves of the back aggravated by a jerk. In such scenario, she need...  Read Full »

I have severe back pain. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,It has been three months since my delivery, but I still have a severe back pain. The doctor told me there could be an infection in the uterus. So, I took tablets for it, but I did not recover. Is there any other reason for having a back pain after delivery?  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have missed mentioning if it was a normal vaginal delivery or a caesarean section. If it was a normal delivery, there is a remote possibility that the retained products within the uterus lead to an infection, in which case they have to be removed. Nowadays, this ...  Read Full »

Why does my wife have severe back pain after normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife delivered a baby boy last month, which was a normal delivery. Whenever she moves, the muscles on the upper right ribs below the breast gets pulled. Also, she has a severe lower back ache, which is unbearable. Can you please suggest some medicines for it? For now, we are puttin...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The back pain post-delivery is mainly related to lack of calcium, inadequate rest, and poor hydration. Please see to it that you take calcium supplements and calcium-rich food. Take plenty of fluids. The back pain and catch in the ribs could also be related to faulty br...  Read Full »

What should I do for back pain that developed 2 years after C-section?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a cesarean section two years ago and I underwent regional anesthesia SAB at L3-L4 level. Now, I am experiencing discomfort and middle back pain. The pain location is where the needle was introduced. The pain is aggravated when I hunched back. Should I be worried? What should I do...  Read Full »

Dr. Sukhdev Garg

Anesthesiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. SAB (spinal anesthesia block) is given by injecting drug in the space between the two vertebral rings. Sometimes, the needle may hit the bone as it is a blind procedure, which may cause inflammation of periosteum (covering of bone) causing back pain. You need not worry t...  Read Full »