Q. Why is there weakness and back pain after delivery?

Dr. Firas Arnaout
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 08, 2020

A few days back my wife felt weakness and back pain and today she felt too much pain in backbone while sitting and while laying down. This pain started after delivery. She cannot move fast. This time she is in pain and I am very upset about what to do. She is a child's mother so please help.

Dr. Firas Arnaout

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

From her young age and recent childbirth, she might have suffered from a slipped disc in her back. Does she have any leg pain? Please note that if she suffers from any urine or bowel disturbance then she will need to see a specialist straight away. My recommendation for your wife is to rest, avoid lifting and have strong painkillers followed by physiotherapy. If symptoms persist then she will need to have MRI scan.

For more information consult an orthopeadician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|