Q. I have sharp pain in my back. Do I need intensive decompression process?

Answered by Dr. Atul Prakash and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Back Pain or Muscle Relaxant? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 33 years old. I usually feel healthy after picking up a large box. Before a week, I got a sharp pain in the middle of my waist at the back. Then I was not able to bend, and I had very limited moving. I went to a chiropractor. He told me that I need to do 25 to 30 sessions of decompressing, three times a week, on an electric bed that he has. Do I need to have such an intensive decompression process? Can I do a spinal decompression on my own in my home? Before ten months, I had a CT scan. I found that my three discs are bulging at the lower vertebrae.