I recently hurt my middle left side of my back in wrestling. I pretty much got picked up and slammed on a corner of a table and now I feel a sharp pain in that spot. It is a kind like a black and blue, but there are no visible marks just sharp pain whenever I move. Also, when I take a deep breath I get pain in my left shoulder. Can this be healed on its own? And how long will it take to heal?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
You have mentioned the injury to your middle left side of the back region. If you have localized back pain with no other symptoms like radiating leg pain, and neurological symptoms like numbness, weakness, paresthesias, etc, then you can start with following recommendations for an initial period of two to three weeks.
1. Maintain a proper posture of your back while working and sleeping.
2. If pain is more then you can take a short course of an anti-inflammatory medication which suits you.
3. Physical therapy initially under the supervision of a trained physiotherapist and then to continue at home.
4. Adequate calcium and vitamin D intake if levels are low in the body.
5. Ice packs should be applied three to four times a day (10-15 times every time).
6. Analgesic spray for a local application can be used and is easily available.
7. Avoid lifting heavyweight, acute forward bending in the mornings, etc.
We will observe you for the next five to seven days how you respond to this conservative management protocol. If you are not feeling better, then we might have to get some investigations like dynamic x-rays of the lower back and few blood tests for evaluation.
I hope this helps.
Injury.Investigations to be done:
X-ray of the specific region if no relief from pain.Treatment plan:
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
So, I consult another ortho specialist and he suggested to do physiotherapy and exercise for 10 days now ... Read fullExperiencing severe back pain following cervical polypectomy. Is it normal?
.. normal to experience reddish brown discharge for 4-5 days post cervical polypectomy, but it should not cause any back pain per se unless there has been a secondary infection or vaginitis or bacterial vaginosis which is quite likely with vinegar sm... Read fullWhat is the difference between thoracic and lumbar fusion?
The fusion of the body of the vertebrae between the thoracic spine is called a thoracic fusion ... A fusion at the junction of the thoracic and lumbar spine is called a thoracolumbar fusion ...... Read full
Also Read Answers From:
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Chiropractor Now