HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologyback painI have been experiencing low back pain, tingling, and numbness in my groin for two months. Please help.

What are the possible causes of low back pain, tingling, and numbness in the groin for two months?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Khushbu

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 24, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 24, 2023

Patient's Query

I have been experiencing low back pain for two months. Sometimes, along with pain, I feel tingling and numbness in my groin and legs. Sometimes, the pain will wrap around me, and I think it is in my pelvis and genital bones. I have been to many doctors. I have had a lumbar spine CT, MRI, bone scan, and an X-ray of the pelvis. There are some minor disc bulges noted. In addition, I sometimes have increased urine urgency. My last appointment was a few months ago, where a detailed examination was performed, including intravaginal ultrasound. I complained of some additional bloating, so the doctor also did tumor markers (blood test) for ovarian cancer as a screening, which came back normal. I have read that sometimes back pain and urgency can indicate ovarian cancer. Now I am scared. Should I request ovarian cancer screening again? I have noticed some increased white discharge, clear and watery, that increases more right before the menstrual cycle. Menstrual cycles are regular and last seven days, which is normal for me. A urine culture was done yesterday, and it was also negative. No weight loss has been noted. Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Khushbu

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

I can understand your concern.

All details indicate that you are having pain due to disc problems in vertebras. The radiation of pain can be due to the involvement of nerves, and tingling and numbness sensation can be due to nerve compression by disc issue. The white discharge can be normally present before periods as physiologically. You have been checked for all reports in the past for ovarian cancer-related tumor markers, so I do not think it is related to it. You shall get examined for neurological issues in the back. As you have a lot of anxiety, you are inviting somatic symptoms also.

I hope this information will help you.

Thanks.

Patient's Query

Thanks for the reply.

My maternal grandfather had colon cancer. It was caught early, and he is fine. Other than that, no history.

Answered by Dr. Khushbu

Welcome back to the icliniq.com.

I can understand your concern.

Your grandfather had colon cancer due to a gene mutation, which is related to the family's increased risk of ovarian cancer. So I recommend you to get genetic counseling done. You need to be tested for BRCA (breast cancer gene) mutation, which is responsible for ovarian cancer. You shall not get anxious, but you must stay alert.

I hope this information will help you.

Thanks.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Khushbu
Dr. Khushbu

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy