Q. What can cause extreme pain in the lower back and right leg in a 24-year-old woman?

Dr. Atul Prakash

My wife is 24 years old and has been suffering from extreme pain in the lower back and right leg since yesterday. Because of the pain, she is unable to sit or stand. She has a history of back pain and was prescribed a tablet of Dolonex Rapid 20 mg, a tablet of Ultracet, a tablet of Trinerve, and a vitamin D3 sachet. She had relief for the next 15 days, but the pain has started again. So the doctor prescribed a capsule of Lyrica 75 mg and a tablet of Diclofenac with Paracetamol, but I do not know the dosage. Can you please guide me with the dosages of these medications?

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concern. The current pain may take a few days to settle unless you are ready for injectables. A trained nurse or a doctor may give her these.

1. The dosage of the tablet Diclofenac (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) is 75 mg twice daily or 100 mg once a day after food.
  2. Tablet Paracetamol (analgesic and antipyretic) can be given orally, and 3 grams can be given safely. The dose of one tablet is 650 mg.
  3. Tablet Tramadol (Acetaminophen) 50 mg to 100 mg twice daily can be given before or after food.
  4. The tablet Lyrica (anti-epileptic) or Pregabalin dosage is 75 mg daily and can be increased to 300 mg daily.
  5. Tablet Tolperisone (muscle relaxant) 150 mg three times a day.

Kindly consult a specialist, talk to them and take medications with their consent.

I hope this has helped you.

|