Q. What is the treatment for lower back pain?

Dr. Vikram S Bharadwaj
Published on Nov 01, 2018

There is pain near the lower back portion above the tailbone in the right side, little swelling too. There is no problem in walking but sometimes it pains too much on some jerk or stretch.

Dr. Vikram S Bharadwaj

Occupational Therapy Physiotherapy
#

This seems like coccydynia, pain of coccyx bone or near to it. Did you have a fall on your tailbone a week back? Also, if you had lifted something heavy, this kind of pain may come to lower back and may get radiated to buttocks or lower. Do hot pack for 3 to 4 minutes and ice pack 1 to 2 minutes, at least two sessions in a day. If you have any local pain relief cream, please apply it locally. Those painkillers will not work for this pain. Let me know in five days.

Can my back pain be due to the tethered spinal cord?

Query: Hello doctor, It is about nine months since I have had L4 hemilaminectomy, L5 foraminotomy and drilling of bone fracture at L4-L5 level. I had an MRI two months later due to severe pain. The MRI report presented inflammation and edema of the back muscles, inflammation of nerve roots, compressi...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the cause and remedy for bilateral spondylolysis.

Query: Hello doctor, What is bilateral spondylolysis between L5 and S1? What is the cause? What is the remedy? I have pain near the tail-bone, especially when seated. I have started experiencing a sharp pain when lifting clothes from a bucket.  Read Full »

I get a sharp pain in my tailbone if I sit even for 30 minutes. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 25 year old female, and I weigh 175 lbs and 5.7 feet tall. I have noticed for the past few months, that sitting is becoming increasingly uncomfortable. I get a sharp pain in my tailbone if I sit for even 30 minutes to an hour. The pain when I straighten up again can cause me to ...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now