Q. Is it bad for the back if I keep high arch during bench press?

Dr. Shwetanjali Gandhe

Is it bad for the back if I keep high arch during bench press? Can it hurt the back?

#

When you are arching your back excessively, it reduces the range of motion, and it makes the exercise so easier. The only disadvantage is that you will not use your muscles through a full range of motion, and a less strength is used. Also, remember the principle of individuality during exercise. All the individuals will require a different position to practice a particular group of muscle exercise. Please do these exercise under guidance.

|