Backache

Why do I have persistent pain in the right lower back?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an injury in the left SI joint two years ago. Because of it, I am lying, walking and sitting only on my right side. Now left side is fine, but I have developed tingling and burning pain in the right lower back. My MRI, x-ray of spine and SI joints are normal. Blood tests for ankylos...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned injury to your left SI joint (sacroiliac joint) two years ago which is fine right now. But, you have not mentioned the exact nature of the injury and treatment received for it. Also, your main problem right now is pain in the lower back region mainly to...  Read Full »

I have backache for three years. What does my MRI suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I have backache for the last three years. I am a pilot by profession. I am suffering from pain in both upper and lower back. On prolonging standing, I feel pain in the lower back and also under my feet, and while sitting without back support, I feel pain in the upper back. I feel pain...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problems you are facing are due to excessive strain on back and neck muscles. As you said, the reason is the prolonged standing, bad posture of the back and neck. All I can advise, irrespective of what the MRI says is, 1. Avoid bad postures like during reading o...  Read Full »

MRI says Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally What does this mean?

Query: Hi, I am a 32 year old male. My MRI report says: "Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally". (In MRI it is black between L4-5 and kind of poking the nerve). My back pains occasionally and I think it is the nerve which is hurting, because the pain is like a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not sure of your neck symptoms as the neck has nothing to do with your lower back and from your description it is not clear if you have any leg symptoms or bladder symptoms. However I need to see your MRI scan to be able to make a judgment on the further managemen...  Read Full »

I have backbone pain due to sitting job. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I have some backbone problem. I feel slight pain in my backbone from two to three years when I was in a desk job. I used to sit most of the time on a chair.  Read Full »

Dr. Mohan Krishna

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the complaints you had described, mostly it could be related to poor posture at your workplace. Lack of exercise could also be one of the causes. I would suggest you consult an orthopaedician online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

I have upper back pain when I sit which reduces when I stand. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am having pain in the upper back. When I sit on the chair in office the pain starts and it reduces when I stand, stretch or walk. I work for nine hours, from morning 11 to evening 8. I do not have any previous injuries or accidents. Eight days ago, I felt pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have given an excellent description of a common problem in persons who have a desk-based job. The condition you are experiencing is due to poor posture. Stretching and looking away from your constant position is helpful as you have also figured out. Get up and move...  Read Full »

Does lower back pain from lifting weights indicate a disc problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. My height is 177 cm, weight 63 kg. I have started workout since six months. I felt lower back pain while lifting weights. Is it a disc problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are chances of disc prolapse if the following conditions are associated with the lower back pain: If the lower back pain has been there for more than six weeks. If there is any radiation of pain to the leg. If there is any associated numbness in the leg. ...  Read Full »

What is the possible treatment for back pain followed by lifting heavy weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I was sitting half bent while washing the clothes. There were few buckets full of water one over the other. I got my back hurt when I tried to bring one of the buckets down. My body has tilted a bit towards left. I am unable to move and walk. It is paining a lot. Usually after work I do ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Actually, you are very young to have persistent back pain and this episode appears to be an acute exaggeration of this pain. Cause of back pain can be due to a muscle strain or a small herniation of an intervertebral disc followed by lifting heavy weight. If you have loca...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for constant back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. I am suffering from mid back pain since two days. I did not take any medicine but applied Moov and Zandu balm. But, there is no relief. The pain remains the same all through the day and night. I neither had an injury nor lifted any heavy objects. I had no surge...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, you are very young to have persistent back pain. There are many causes of pain in lower back region. It can be due to faulty posture, related to weak muscles, issues with intervertebral disc, narrowing of spinal canal, any bony instability besides many other, s...  Read Full »

I hurt my back while dancing. Could that be a muscle pull or something serious?

Query: Hello doctor,I hurt my lower back maybe a year or two ago, and I was in a lot of pain. I am a dancer and was lifting up my dance partner into the air without stretching and hurt my lower back severely. I could not even walk at that time. I was in agony. I never saw a doctor for this pain as I was s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you need to take care of your back more than before. First of all, you need to do an x-ray and MRI to get the root cause of the pain. Until and unless you do not get the exact cause, it is better to avoid any kind of stress on the back. It is always necessa...  Read Full »

How to get rid of lower back pain post pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 5 months old. My back was fine before delivery. Now my lower back just above my butt really hurts and feels weak when I stand up after lying down on my stomach. I do not get any such feel when I stand from lying on my back. Also, after giving birth, I noticed my lower back sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair Mohammad

Physiotherapist, Chiropractor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. During pregnancy lot of changes occur in a body, one of those is increase in lower back curve (lumbar lordosis). Due to increase in lumbar lordosis some muscles of lower back remain stretched and become weak. It will cause lower back pain. I suggest you to start doing so...  Read Full »