Backache

What is the best remedy for back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been battling with back pain since a year. I associated this pain with a kidney stone which I had for a couple of years. I had a ureteroscopy, crushing and removal of the stone a month ago, but however the back pain still persists. An x-ray done today is attached. I had some back...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood investigation appears to be fine apart from high CRP (C-reactive protein), which could either be a manifestation of any inflammation or infection somewhere in the...  Read Full »

I am 14, and I have lower back pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 14 years old. I wonder whether she has herniated disc. Because, she has all the symptoms except the numbness in legs and feet. It hurts in the lower part of my back. Usually a herniated disc is from sports injury and heavy lifting. But, she recently have not had any sports ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let us analyze different reasons for back pain of her age. The most important is a back sprain rather than a disc prolapse. We also have to make sure that your daughter is not suffering from urinary tract infection. It would be nice to know if she has any symptoms of ...  Read Full »

MRI says Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally What does this mean?

Query: Hi, I am a 32 year old male. My MRI report says: Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally. (In MRI it is black between L4-5 and kind of poking the nerve). My back pains occasionally and I think it is the nerve which is hurting, because the pain is like a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not sure of your neck symptoms as the neck has nothing to do with your lower back and from your description it is not clear if you have any leg symptoms or bladder symptoms. However I need to see your MRI scan to be able to make a judgment on the further managemen...  Read Full »

How to confirm that backache and chest discomfort is due to non-cardiac cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am living with idiopathic RVOT NSVT for over ten years now. I had my RF ablation done a 20 days ago and my ectopic, NSVT episodes have come down by 90% and I am feeling healthy generally. I had my echo, ECG, Holter, cardiac MRI. Echo, cardiac MRI are normal. Cardiac MRI was done p...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your all reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your Holter monitoring suggestive of premature ventricular beats some time occasionally, sometime in bigeminy, other time in couplet or NSVT (nonsustained ventricular tachycardi...  Read Full »

Please suggest a possible diagnosis for lower and upper back pain.

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two years, I have back pain in the upper and lower region. I am uploading here with my reports for your reference. Please suggest diagnosis and medicines to cure this disease.  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to ask you a few more queries to see where your disease is heading for. We do have a limitation of clinical examination, but I would do my best to guide you here. When...  Read Full »

Why do I have persistent pain in the right lower back?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an injury in the left SI joint two years ago. Because of it, I am lying, walking and sitting only on my right side. Now left side is fine, but I have developed tingling and burning pain in the right lower back. My MRI, x-ray of spine and SI joints are normal. Blood tests for ankylos...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned injury to your left SI joint (sacroiliac joint) two years ago which is fine right now. But, you have not mentioned the exact nature of the injury and treatment received for it. Also, your main problem right now is pain in the lower back region mainly to...  Read Full »

I have backache for three years. What does my MRI suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I have backache for the last three years. I am a pilot by profession. I am suffering from pain in both upper and lower back. On prolonging standing, I feel pain in the lower back and also under my feet, and while sitting without back support, I feel pain in the upper back. I feel pain...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problems you are facing are due to excessive strain on back and neck muscles. As you said, the reason is the prolonged standing, bad posture of the back and neck. All I can advise, irrespective of what the MRI says is, 1. Avoid bad postures like during reading o...  Read Full »

I have backbone pain due to sitting job. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I have some backbone problem. I feel slight pain in my backbone from two to three years when I was in a desk job. I used to sit most of the time on a chair.  Read Full »

Dr. Mohan Krishna

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the complaints you had described, mostly it could be related to poor posture at your workplace. Lack of exercise could also be one of the causes. I would suggest you consult an orthopaedician online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

I have upper back pain when I sit which reduces when I stand. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am having pain in the upper back. When I sit on the chair in office the pain starts and it reduces when I stand, stretch or walk. I work for nine hours, from morning 11 to evening 8. I do not have any previous injuries or accidents. Eight days ago, I felt pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have given an excellent description of a common problem in persons who have a desk-based job. The condition you are experiencing is due to poor posture. Stretching and looking away from your constant position is helpful as you have also figured out. Get up and move...  Read Full »

Does lower back pain from lifting weights indicate a disc problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. My height is 177 cm, weight 63 kg. I have started workout since six months. I felt lower back pain while lifting weights. Is it a disc problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are chances of disc prolapse if the following conditions are associated with the lower back pain: If the lower back pain has been there for more than six weeks. If there is any radiation of pain to the leg. If there is any associated numbness in the leg. ...  Read Full »