Backache

What could be the reason for my headache with sensitive scalp, vision problem, and nausea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old female. For the past two-three weeks, I have a slight headache in the back of the head with a sensitive scalp, tiredness, tired vision, sometimes with nausea, and lower backache. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See, your problems could be due to diseases of the brain, or infections, or eye problems. Do you have any fever? Fever points towards infection. Have you got your blood pressure checked? If yes, how much is it? Get your eye tested. Also, test for CBC (complete blo...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my constant backache and stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. I have been experiencing constant backaches since I was 10-12 years old. My back and spine would often go super stiff, so I tend to crack it by twisting my body back and forth, easing the pain. Usually, a cold temperature would trigger a painful stiff, makin...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I must say the x-rays are not very clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I will leave to assume that the angle mentioned is true. The pain in the back of a young person with only 8 degrees of the curve is unlikely, and we must explore other poss...  Read Full »

Why do I get back pain when I drive long?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last few days, I have trouble to sleep after 4 to 5 AM in the morning as my upper back becomes some sort of frozen and it pains a lot. Even with slight movement, it pains a lot, but it vanishes away as soon as I get up. It does not turn up for the whole day. I am not sure, but I f...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have hit the nail on the head when you said that it could be your long hours of driving that may to blame. Driving itself is not the cause, but the stretch of time you do continuously and the posture you knowingly or unknowingly adopt is the source of symptoms....  Read Full »

Please advise regarding my uterine fibroids.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 41 years old. I had two full term normal delivery. I do not have any menstrual problem. My cycle is regular for 28 days with three to four days of bleeding. My last menstrual period was on the 5th of this month. I have been having lower back pain and groin pain for the last 10 days. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fibroids can cause lower back pain and groin pain, especially around the time of period. However, if you do not have menstrual problems due to it, then no need for treatment. Usually, mild painkiller can be used for the pain at present along with simple home reme...  Read Full »

What is the best remedy for back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been battling with back pain since a year. I associated this pain with a kidney stone which I had for a couple of years. I had a ureteroscopy, crushing and removal of the stone a month ago, but however the back pain still persists. An x-ray done today is attached. I had some back...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood investigation appears to be fine apart from high CRP (C-reactive protein), which could either be a manifestation of any inflammation or infection somewhere in the...  Read Full »

I am 14, and I have lower back pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 14 years old. I wonder whether she has herniated disc. Because, she has all the symptoms except the numbness in legs and feet. It hurts in the lower part of my back. Usually a herniated disc is from sports injury and heavy lifting. But, she recently have not had any sports ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let us analyze different reasons for back pain of her age. The most important is a back sprain rather than a disc prolapse. We also have to make sure that your daughter is not suffering from urinary tract infection. It would be nice to know if she has any symptoms of ...  Read Full »

MRI says Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally What does this mean?

Query: Hi, I am a 32 year old male. My MRI report says: Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally. (In MRI it is black between L4-5 and kind of poking the nerve). My back pains occasionally and I think it is the nerve which is hurting, because the pain is like a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not sure of your neck symptoms as the neck has nothing to do with your lower back and from your description it is not clear if you have any leg symptoms or bladder symptoms. However I need to see your MRI scan to be able to make a judgment on the further managemen...  Read Full »

How to confirm that backache and chest discomfort is due to non-cardiac cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am living with idiopathic RVOT NSVT for over ten years now. I had my RF ablation done a 20 days ago and my ectopic, NSVT episodes have come down by 90% and I am feeling healthy generally. I had my echo, ECG, Holter, cardiac MRI. Echo, cardiac MRI are normal. Cardiac MRI was done p...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your all reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your Holter monitoring suggestive of premature ventricular beats some time occasionally, sometime in bigeminy, other time in couplet or NSVT (nonsustained ventricular tachycardi...  Read Full »

Please suggest a possible diagnosis for lower and upper back pain.

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two years, I have back pain in the upper and lower region. I am uploading here with my reports for your reference. Please suggest diagnosis and medicines to cure this disease.  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to ask you a few more queries to see where your disease is heading for. We do have a limitation of clinical examination, but I would do my best to guide you here. When...  Read Full »

Why do I have persistent pain in the right lower back?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an injury in the left SI joint two years ago. Because of it, I am lying, walking and sitting only on my right side. Now left side is fine, but I have developed tingling and burning pain in the right lower back. My MRI, x-ray of spine and SI joints are normal. Blood tests for ankylos...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned injury to your left SI joint (sacroiliac joint) two years ago which is fine right now. But, you have not mentioned the exact nature of the injury and treatment received for it. Also, your main problem right now is pain in the lower back region mainly to...  Read Full »