Q. Why do I experience an unbearable backache all the time?

Dr. Pandian. P

Backache is causing a lot of discomforts. I am a 58-year-old, and this backache never seems to subside. It has been there for almost ten years. I have maintained my weight at 65 kilograms for the past two decades. I am 5' 5 feet. My work demands me to stand a lot. Due to this, I developed swollen leg veins a few years back, and my physician here told me it is varicose veins. Thankfully it got healed after being treated with an injection within a few months. I am suffering a lot because of this backache. It is present all the time. It feels like some sharp object is poking me. I think it is something related to nerves and bones. What is it exactly?

Please help me with this, doctor.

#

Your problem seems to be a low backache due to a lumbar spine problem. Kindly get a computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan done. You will need analgesics, muscle relaxants, and mild steroids for one month. The steroids dose must be tapered then.

Kindly get back with the scan reports.

|