Bacterial Conjunctivitis

Can I use Ciprofloxacin for pink eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having conjunctivitis (pink eye) for the last two days. Currently, I am using Ciprofloxacin eye drops. Is there any other medicine for fast relief?  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many types of conjunctivitis. Bacterial conjunctivitis usually causes pus like discharge and stickiness of eyes in the morning. This will relieve quickly with antibiotic eye drops like Moxifloxacin (brand name Moxicip).  Use it hourly for first day then taper ...  Read Full »

Why is there a thick discharge with heaviness in eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is facing water discharge from her eyes. With water, there is also some thick semi-liquid discharge from sides. These symptoms are also accompanied by some heaviness in the eyes. I believe this is contagious as one another family member of mine is facing the same issues.  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother is most probably suffering from infective conjunctivitis. Probably bacterial. The treatment is antibiotic eye drops. You should consult an Ophthalmologist for the same. Most important is that it should not spread to others. It spreads from person to person ...  Read Full »

Is my left eye red due to constant contact lens use?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 16 years old, and I wear contact lenses. I have never really taken them off. I would sleep with the contact lenses in my eyes and I have started wearing them since I was 13 years old. I would change them, but I would not take them off, and I would go days. My vision gets worse wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be an infection, but one thing you must remember is contact lenses should ideally be used 8 to 10 hours a day. If you wear during sleep and for more than 10 hours a day, there is a possibility of the eyes developing infection and transparency of cornea getting d...  Read Full »

Are bacterial conjunctivitis and blepharitis related?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with blepharitis. I also have seborrhoeic dermatitis (perhaps rosacea as well), and my condition has improved greatly. Recently, I got very bad allergy symptoms, my eyes and nose became extremely itchy, causing me to sneeze a lot. This morning when I woke up, I had trou...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is nothing but common bacterial conjunctivitis. Since you have blepharitis, you are more likely to get conjunctivitis. Also, blepharitis, in turn, is related to seborrh...  Read Full »

May I know whether red and swollen eye with blurry vision indicate pink eye?

Query: Hi doctor, My right eye is stinging with blurry vision. It is red and a bit swollen. I am experiencing the above every day. Do I have pink eye?  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears as conjunctivitis, and it is of two types. They are bacterial and viral. A slit lamp examination is required to differentiate them. As these symptoms are present for a few ho...  Read Full »

Would Besivance clear my eye infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old male. Recently, in a strip club. I fingered a dancer. I do not remember if I touched my eyes after that or not. About a week later, my eyes became red and watery. I went to an ophthalmologist and was prescribed a course of Besivance (Besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension)...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We cannot rule out chlamydia conjunctivitis. It usually happens from secretions of genitalia as in your case. We usually prescribe fluoroquinolone antibiotic. Besivance is also fluoroquinolone. This should help you. Ideally, we take a conjunctival swab and culture i...  Read Full »

How to stop the discharge released from my left eye?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an eye discharge from my left eye for a week. I thought I have the discharge because of my contact lens (first-time user). I used it for a few days. But I stopped using it now because of the eye discharge. I have eye discharge only from my left eye when I wake up in the morning. S...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have discharge from the left eye. This is a severe problem, and it occurs due to an infection. You can have one of these two things. They can occur due to viral or bacterial conjunctivitis. It has symptoms of eyelids sticking together when waking up in the morning, ...  Read Full »