Q. What is the secretion on my navel that appears wool like?

Dr. Aamir Mohd
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

I have secretion from navel for the past nine months. Secretion appears like white cotton or wool like. It is not very smelly, no pain or itch or sore in the navel area. Please help.

Dr. Aamir Mohd

#

• It might be a bacterial infection. You should take capsule Flucloxacillin 500 mg twice a day for five days in empty stomach.
  • Please note you do not have any reaction to Penicillin or sulfate drugs before taking this medicine.

Review after five days to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

I am allergic to Penicillin and sulfate. Please guide.

Dr. Aamir Mohd

#

I can understand your concern.

• As you are allergic to Penicillin and sulfate, we cannot take risk of any other antibiotic.
  • Before prescribing, I want you to get an antibiotic drug sensitivity test from a nearby laboratory.

Revert back with the reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

A tender bump on the side of my nose is causing painful headaches. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tender bump on the side of my nose, which is slowly getting bigger. It is on the right side of the bridge of my nose, and it is hot to touch. It does not look red, but it is extremely painful. My eyes and forehead also hurt and is causing a very painful headache. I have chroni...  Read Full »

Why are the gums swollen and painful at the wisdom tooth extraction site?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I had my wisdom teeth taken out about four days ago, and now the gum behind where the wisdom tooth used to be is very swollen and causing pain.  Read Full »

My 4 months old baby has red rashes over his neck and body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My son has rashes all over his neck and body. His neck is very red and wet. I am attaching a photo of his rashes. The doctor said he has eczema, and he suggested to use Daktacort, Aveeno cream, and Flucloxacillin, but it is not helping. It is getting worse. Please help.  Read Full »